London SE1 community website

London Bridge Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Saturday 8 October 2005 6.17pm
My girlfriend has dyslexia and her grammer and spelling are terrible but she has verbal communication skills that many would envy. Alas, the internet favours a basis towards those that can write well, but which in itself it is no judge of the true intellect of the writer.
Saturday 8 October 2005 6.20pm
How fitting I spell 'grammar' incorrectly.
Saturday 8 October 2005 8.11pm
If I use an Internet cafe or am at work I don't have a spell checker.

Any way

The Minerva tower had the flat toped rectangular profile that was no better then you bog standart 70s office block.and was to close to the Tower of london.

Another bad development and losing proposition that ken Livingston placed himself on the wrong side of.
Sunday 9 October 2005 9.27pm
You guys are blowing my mind :).

I'm a Dutch student in Journalism, and next month I will be coming to London to do a report on the whole skyscraper-discussion that has been going on in London for the last few years.
But now I read a post that ES Magazine thinks that most of the plans are far from certain. Then someone replies that ES Magazine is biased, and shouldn't be taken seriously :).

That's basically why I'm going to London. To get a clear picture of where all the plans stand now, what is holding them back, and if things should probably be kept that way.

While I'm in London, I'd like to meet up with people that are affected by the new buildings. Like the people that work in the Southwark Towers.

But right now I'm looking for some clear information on the subject. I spent many hours reading articles and browsing the web, but all the information seems scattered and dates. Has anybody got a good tip on what to read, where to go? I'd appreciate it very much.

(I'll be checking this forum regularly, because I like the discussion. But if for some reason someone prefers emailing me: looskuh ./.at../. yahoo ./. dot ./. com.)
Sunday 9 October 2005 10.09pm
Good luck with that. The idea of property developers being open about the progress they're making (or not) with getting their buildings built is quite a good joke!

Monday 10 October 2005 5.30am
Gosh, how INTERESTING. Thys, do contact us when you're in town. Send a private message or whatever. Love tomeet you!
Monday 10 October 2005 5.35am
By the way, I'm not trying to be mean about Mickysalt's spelling, it's just that reading his postings I get distracted by the...er...creative use of letters and this somewhat takes away from the seriousness of his observations. It's like restaurants that you go into with fancy menus, and then they've misspelled something...chocolate moose for example - and you crack up.
Tuesday 18 October 2005 8.22pm
Andrew Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good luck with that. The idea of property
> developers being open about the progress they're
> making (or not) with getting their buildings built
> is quite a good joke!

I make myself no illusions on how open the property developers will be. The facts speak pretty much for themselves, and that all has been dug up by people that (regrettably) spend a lot more time with these people than I will do.

What I can do however, is give a clear roundup on how things are going in general, and give my Dutch readers an impression on what is going on in London concering high-rise buildings.

And jackie: Check your private mssgs! :)

Thursday 20 October 2005 10.42am
Anyone intersted in the London Bridge tower may like to know that there is a short profile of it in this week's 'Estates Gazette.' The developers have allowed the use of some of their latest CGIs showing what the view may be like from the office floors.

To briefly summarize, the latest situation with regards a likely start date remains the same: that more tenants are needed to sign up before work can start. (60% required of the available 585,000 sq.ft)

As for figures, the article puts construction costs at 300m plus c70m to terminate PWC's lease, giving a total of c400m to build to 'shell and core.' However, the end value is put at c1bn.

"The team are taking a long term view...." (!)

Thursday 20 October 2005 11.38am
Renzo

Bring it on!

Niall
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions