London SE1 community website

London Bridge Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Thursday 20 October 2005 12.45pm
This is a scale diagram, showing how the tower compares with some of London's other landmarks:

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?13305223

Heights are to scale.
Saturday 7 January 2006 6.55pm
According to the recently updated website, enabling works are scheduled to start any time now:

http://shardlondonbridge.com/timeline/development_programme.php
Saturday 4 March 2006 12.04pm
MAJOR news:

It is reported in the property industry that a large pre-let is about to me made on the office space within the Shard, and that this will kick-start construction of the tower......

:-)

Oooh, Micky Salt will be so pleased :-)
Saturday 4 March 2006 8.18pm
wjfox2004 wrote:
Oooh, Micky Salt will be so pleased :-)

Please do go back to your own board and stop trolling here. We're perfectly aware of your views...

wjfox2002 on SkyscaperCity Forums wrote:
wjfox2002August 5th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Yep, they're full of **** on the SE1 website.

asterisks inserted by this forum's software - full unexpurgated version at:
http://skyscrapercity.com/archive/index.php/t-230155.html
Saturday 4 March 2006 8.36pm
wjfox

I've hardly commented on the shard of glass at all on any threads ,

so I don't see why you think any news about it would be of particular interest to me.
Saturday 4 March 2006 9.25pm
I wasn't "trolling"... my comment about Micky Salt was intended to be tongue-in-cheek!

I expected a better response than this - as I said, LBT securing an office tenant is major news, as there were doubts this 1000ft skyscraper would even go ahead at all. But it now looks 100% certain to be built... which means there will soon be a landmark the size of the Eiffel Tower going up in Central London.

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/lbt10a.jpg
Monday 10 April 2006 11.33am
All systems go for Sellar's London Bridge office duo

Transport for London and PricewaterhouseCoopers linked with developer's two projects

By Daniel Thomas

The consortium behind the Shard tower above London Bridge station is to begin the development of Europe's tallest tower this year.

Developer Irvine Sellar told Property Week that he had a 300,000 sq ft (27,870 sq m) tenant ‘in solicitor's hands', giving him a mandate to start on site.

Sellar declined to name the tenant, but sources said the most likely anchor tenant for the tower is Transport for London or PricewaterhouseCoopers.

‘The funding package is close to being finalised, and we are in talks with two restaurant operators,' said Sellar. ‘This building will commence on site this year.'

The news comes as the consortium, which includes Irvine Sellar's Sellar Property Group, CLS Holdings, and Buckingham Securities representing the Halabi Family Trust, this week won planning consent for the adjacent Renzo Piano-designed office building, New London Bridge House.

Transport for London has been talking to the team at the tower for several months. The transport authority is looking to take up to 600,000 sq ft (55,741 sq m) of office space around London.

It is understood that the Greater London Authority body wants to separate this into three offices centred on transport nodes around the capital.

Sources close to the office search say that London mayor Ken Livingstone is keen for Transport for London to take at least part of its space at the building. Any such prelet would guarantee the finance to start the building, adding to the regeneration of the south London area that started with the mayor's own headquarters at More London.

The move could prove controversial as rents at the building were expected to exceed 45/sq ft (484.40/sq m), while Transport for London is seeking a rent nearer to 30/sq ft (322.90/sq m).

It is thought that the lower levels of the Shard are available for much less, however, and a deal could be struck in the next few months. Chinese hotel group Shangri-La has agreed to take 18 of the 66 floors.

Drivers Jonas is acting for Transport for London; Savills and CB Richard Ellis are advising on the Shard.

Sellar said New London Bridge House would also start on site this year, and that talks were progressing with potential occupiers.

New London Bridge House will involve the demolition of a 1960s office tower to develop a 600,000 sq ft (55,741 sq m) office and retail building. Cushman & Wakefield advised on planning.

He said: ‘We're very pleased with the planning decision as, although we were confident, all planning committees can be a bit of a lottery. Both buildings will be completed before 2011.'

PricewaterhouseCoopers, which occupies the site of the Shard, is also looking at the two buildings to house its office requirement, which could be for up to 400,000 sq ft (37,160 sq m).

A Transport for London spokeswoman said: ‘We are looking at all options at the moment.'
Monday 10 April 2006 11.41am
Please could you summarise articles and quote selectively, rather than quoting articles in their entirety? Especially when you don't explicitly state the source.

I realise Property Week is subscription-only so you can't link to the article easily, but that doesn't make it OK to copy and paste the whole thing.

Thanks

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 10 April 2006 3.17pm
The department of the deputy prime minister will probably take
the remaining floors.

with a luxery apertment for ken Livingston on the top floor,
Tuesday 16 May 2006 9.48pm
Latest news is that PwC will be moving into the Kings Reach Tower after IPC Media move out...... but that won't be happening until April next year. PwC were scheduled to vacate Southwark Towers in September of this year, which means the Shard is going to be delayed by another 6-9 months.

All these delays...... It's becoming a bit of a joke to be honest.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions