London SE1 community website

Southwark Council terminates TMC

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 12 October 2005 2.01am
Does anyone know why the phase 3 window renewal works are running so far behind schedule? For example Becket House should have been finished middle of August, but the scaffold is still up 2 months later. What's the hold up?
Wednesday 12 October 2005 9.56am
One rather unfair practice has been that the costs of some works have been apportioned 'per flat', regardless of the size of the flat, so that someone with 10 windows will be paying the same as someone with 3. I dont know whether this is the case with you, but its one question (amongst many others!) that you could ask and which could be the basis of an objection.

To everybody: in spite of all the chaos and difficulties, please dont give up from querying things and objecting to unreasonable practices. Please dont just lie back and let the council walk all over us because we're too disillusioned to bother. If people dont object to things because they think their comments will make no difference it gives the council carte blanche to do anything they want.
Friday 21 October 2005 3.28pm
Just heard that for my flat in Becket House, Tabard Gardens Estate that now Southwark Council Leasehold Management Unit are dealing with collecting payemnts there has been an increase in service charge for my (1 bed) flat from 26 per month to 39 per month. I was told this was a 'minor increase'. I pointed out that as minor increases go, 50% can't be considered 'minor'. The reason given is increased building insurance. Could have guessed it wasn't increased cleaning and maintenance of communal areas.

Don't know whether others have discovered the same but if you haven't, I suspect you will do shortly.
Friday 21 October 2005 4.17pm
I actually rang Southwark Council and asked them why our Building Insurance has gone up by over 50% (mine has gone from 48 to 114 since last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I was told that the TMC had based their building insurance on valuations from 10 years ago and therefore wildly undervalued the building. Southwark Council has now revalued the building and are charging us the correct amount. - I DON'T BUY THAT STORY FOR ONE MINUTE.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions