London SE1 community website

Nurseries in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 30 August 2006 7.21am
I agree. Well Maia loved her first hour in the Arc - ignored mum completely! All great except for a boy that seemed to take an overkeen interest in Maia's hair (ouch!)
Sunday 10 September 2006 10.50pm
Apparantly there will be a private? nursery attached to the Spa gardens flats development when it opens so it might be worth checking this out. The park itself very soon will start it's new under 5's drop in centre though they are waiting for OFSTED to give it the all clear before it can open - Any week/day soon.
Although I don't think baby care is included, Kintore way on Grange Rd, when it reopens after the new build, will be taking children from an earlier age I'm led to believe. My kids all went there and the staff and care was really great
Saturday 25 November 2006 1.51pm
loafer wrote:
Waterloo nursery, currently on Westminster Bridge Road is about to move to somewhere closer to Borough tube - I understand from friends that it is very good.

Regards,

Loafer

Anyone know the latest news on this?
Saturday 25 November 2006 3.29pm
That'll be Bright Horizons at Tabard Square:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1992

(note that the message by loafer that you quote is from Oct 2005)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 26 November 2006 12.31pm
Thanks James
gp
Tuesday 5 December 2006 9.53pm
Bright Horizons in Tabard Street is a very good nursery. I used it for my three children since they were 8 months and am more than happy. The new premises at Tabard Street are also state of the art.
Tuesday 12 December 2006 8.26am
Thanks for all your suggestions. We'll check out Bright Horizons. Research so far gone really well.
Tuesday 9 January 2007 11.51am
We have three children under 5 and are expecting the fourth. All 3 boys attend Coin St Community Nursery on Upper Ground and love it. They have recently been OFSTED registered to take children from 18 months and from Sept this year, when they move into State of the ark new facilities on Stamford street they will take babies.

All of our boys attended other nurseries until they were old enough for Coin St, Bright Horizons which has relocated to Borough and St Patricks were both fine, Coin St though does feel better to us. It has a real community feel and they have a large outside space which the children have access to all the time, which for us is a huge strength. All the food is cooked on site, often the children help and it is all fresh and homemade.

We would really recommend a look.
Wednesday 10 January 2007 9.23am
Thanks. Coin St sounds wonderful though it might be too far from my daughter's home in Tower Bridge Road.
Monday 15 January 2007 9.28am
Hi

My children went to St Patricks on Cornwall Road, the Montessori you mention and indeed the standards of care were very good.

However as they are now 8 & 7, they attend the Coin Street Family and Children's Centre nearby on 99A Upper Ground run by Guy Hanscombe. This currently provides day care for children aged 2 upwards but towards the end of 2007, they are moving to a purpose built facility which will provide day care for babies plus their current before and after school facility and a holiday programme. If only there had been a continuous care facility a few years back.

I cannot strongly emphasise enough, the quality of the facilities and dedication of the staff who are always willing to be flexible to the ever changing needs of our children. Suggest you give them a ring - 020 7593 1567.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions