London SE1 community website

Runners club in Bermondsey/SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 18 October 2005 5.11pm
so how did you get on? - it was my first 10K (also in Battersea Park) and I'm deliciously proud of my 1hr 7mins. Think I'll probably stick to 5s and 7s for the forseeable future though. Am definitely up for an OKR/Burgess Park run - I could use the peer pressure motivation too.
Tuesday 18 October 2005 5.31pm
Great - I'm up for that!
I find it hard to motivate myself to run, especially now it's getting darker earlier.

(I did the 10k in 1hr 2mins - a minute slower than last year, and 6 mins off PB)
th
Wednesday 19 October 2005 2.16pm
Me too. Being a girl, I'm not at all keen on running in the dark on my own so would be really up for a group run.

I was very pleased with my result at the weekend, bang on 60 mins, or 59:59 as I prefer to say! Battersea park was a really nice venue for it.
Wednesday 19 October 2005 2.39pm
Have sent privateemail to those people who had an email address on view

I did Run London as well 1 hour 1 min 11 seconds in Hyde Park

I am keen to join any mutual self help motivation group as I have loads of excuses when it comes to training runs!

Rob
th
Wednesday 19 October 2005 3.02pm
Hi Rob, I've just sent you a PM.
Tanya
Wednesday 19 October 2005 6.04pm
I think we'll be meeting up for a 'run' next Wednesday round Burgess Park.
the more the merrier I think
Thursday 27 October 2005 5.35pm
BUMP

for anyone interested - we (JonR and Chustler) went running last night, in Burgess Park.

we met at about (just after) 6.15 near to the cafe/carpark just off Albany Rd.

There were a couple of people who we thought might be SE1'ers but we weren't sure.

next week we're meeting slightly later at 6:30 - same place.

we were not running very quickly (more like a jog), and we only ran for about half an hour.
If this sounds like your standard, come along and join us, but be warned, we do intend to get faster, and run for longer, as the months progress, and the fitter we get.

(I'm hopeing that by the middle of next year I'll be up to doing a 10k in less than an hour, without much trouble)
Tuesday 1 November 2005 9.59am
HI

I did the Nike 10k run the other week (and amazed myself by doing it in an hour!) and am really looking to keep the motivation up now - as there are no other runs to train for this year! Would be v interested in taking part in a running group - especially now its getting dark, its not that much fun running the streets of SE1 on my own.

do any of you know of any running clubs/groups local to the Bermondsey Street area?

N.
Wednesday 2 November 2005 1.47pm
Just in case anyone checks - I went running last night, so I won't be running tonight, but should be running next Wednesday (starting at the gate on the corner of OKR, opposite Tesco, at about 6:30)
Wednesday 2 November 2005 2.58pm
NickyB

it's not really Bermondsey Street, but myself and JonR are trying the mutual motivational approach to ensuring a weekly run around Burgess Park near the OKR - he's got the technical approach to training, I just nag to make sure he turns up! (joke) You're welcome to join us if you can drag yourself away from the bright lights of the Garrison/Woolpack et al.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions