London SE1 community website

Thameslink 2000 @ Borough Market & Blackfriars

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 17
Thursday 10 November 2005 3.05pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1843

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10 November 2005 3.23pm by James Hatts.
Thursday 10 November 2005 3.20pm
James, the link above seems to be going around in a loop!

Further to the news article on this site, there is another article with further reporting from the inquiry, and a leader comment in the latest Southwark News.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10 November 2005 3.21pm by janefs.
Thursday 10 November 2005 3.23pm
Oops - wrong link posted! Now fixed.

Thursday 10 November 2005 3.55pm
I think the headline of the most recent SE1 article is somewhat misleading!

As I've outlined earlier in this thread I'm in agreement with the proposal, and it doesn't seem I'm alone. Is there somewhere where local residents and businesses can register their approval for Thameslink 2000 through London Bridge? If not, I'll try and set something up.
Saturday 12 November 2005 7.43pm
Jenefs

I hope you don't mind if I make a few comments about your web site.

Most if not all of the images are Network Rails, images.

And It also doesn't seem to be registered with any search engines.
Saturday 12 November 2005 10.23pm
I think these images next to each other put across some of the impact

http://thameslink.members.beeb.net/page4.html
Sunday 13 November 2005 2.05pm
Also

I think it needs to be pointed out at this point that Network Rail withheld that visualization of the Market Side of Green Dragon court from there public consultation last year.

Not much of a public consultation was it.
Sunday 13 November 2005 3.55pm
The sabmac web site is not mine, and I had nothing to do with its creation or content.

All of the local opposition to Thameslink has been organised on a voluntary, unpaid basis, including for example, legal representation and the creation of the website. I understand that getting websites to appear at the top of search lists requires investment but I am no expert, and it is unfortunate that searches do not reveal the site unless you know exactly what you are looking for. However, I' m sorry that mickysalt spent time being critcal of this and the content of the site. Obviously, he believes his own site is superior in some way, but the sabmac site specifically concentrates on the Borough Market area, not the wider scope of the Thameslink scheme. It has specific explanations about the background and the likely impact on the areas existing architecture, businesses and residents. Rightly, in my view, there has been resistance to commenting on replacement buildings because this would imply acceptance of the outline proposal in the first place.

The local campaign has taken an enormous effort on behalf of those who have stuck at it doggedly for [I believe] over 12 years, against the money and might of Railtrack / Network Rail. My own interest and relatively small scale involvement dates back only a few years.

Meanwhile, anyone who wishes to express support for the sabmac campaign can do so by signing the on-line petition, which [to save searching either site] can be found here: http://www.petitiononline.com/sabmac2/petition.html

janefs

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 13 November 2005 4.07pm by janefs.
Sunday 13 November 2005 4.12pm
FWIW - and I realise this is beside the point - you don't need to spend money to get good search engine rankings. The most obvious (technical) failing of the sabmac site is that there is no text at all on the front page of the site - just images - so there's not much for the search engines to go on.

Sunday 13 November 2005 4.21pm
Thanks, James. I was obviously mis-lead [or more likely I mis-understood!] what I was told when I discussed this with an IT bod recently. I'll pass that on to the site designers and hope they can do something to improve the sites 'visibility'.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 17

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions