London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Square regeneration

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 7 November 2005 8.40am
Who knows what is happening in the development on Tower Bridge Road bordering the graveyard on Bermondsey Square? This development seems to be nearly completed and not marketed.
Monday 7 November 2005 9.07am
Maurits

151 Tower Bridge Road is owned by Sunlight Properties, the owners of Sarsons Studios. As I understand their business plan, they tend to let rather than sell so their projects have a longer and slower schedule. What looks interesting about the 151 site is that the ground floors on Tower Bridge Road are set back from the site boundary which suggests that there is going to be retail at ground floor level. More action on Tower Bridge Road.

What is sad is that it looks as if it won't be possible to walk from Tower Bridge Road through the site into Newhams Row on Bermondsey St. There is a great view through from Tower Bridge Road to Bermondsey St but a significant change in level at the boundary of the Sunlight and Acorn properties obstructs the pedestrian.

I'm hoping that the long awaited pedestrian path from Tanner St Park up to St Mary Magdalene's Churchyard will come to fruition but the rotting hulk of the 'Old Cinema' on Tower Bridge Road still obstructs that grand plan.

Regards

Niall
Monday 7 November 2005 9.13am
Thanks for this Niall- very interesting! I agree that more action on TBR would be great.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions