London SE1 community website

Roast @ Borough Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Monday 12 December 2005 3.02pm
jackie rokotnitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gosh, anyone who can afford Pont de la Tour, let
> me know, I want to meet them.

it's only as expensive as you make it! the food is quite reasonable, but nowhere nnear as cheap as taz/the real greek/any other place on the southbank
Monday 26 November 2007 3.12pm
I have been avoiding Roast after having read the reviews here, but just saw that it is a runner up for the best sunday roast in London. Anybody been recently and how was it?
Monday 26 November 2007 3.33pm
I have been to Le Pont de la Tour a couple of times and it was okayish. As you say, it is very expensive and we found the service a bit overenthusiastic to the point of irritation. In that area I prefer the Blueprint Cafe, despite the frequent presence of Ken.

I have found lunch at Roast absolutely fine, but the service can be a bit disorganised. I had their two for one tea deal which was absolutely fantastic and could not eat for a day or so afterwards. It was better and cheaper, though less picturesque, than Sketch. I am hoping to dine there next Monday and will report back.
Monday 26 November 2007 5.49pm
Ken was saying only the other day how much he likes the Blueprint Cafe - but for the presence of some people who can't stand the very sight of him.

'That's crazy, Ken,' I said.

'Yes, I know,' he said, 'I suppose I should be more sensible about it but, you know, just because you might be working late, trying to run this great big city, and you have to eat, you know, somewhere near the office, well, it doesn't mean you can't act like a total twit every now and again.'

'Too true, Ken,' I said. 'Too true.'
Monday 26 November 2007 6.37pm
Have eaten at Roast, and yes it was good but very expensive....they do however make the BEST bacon & egg rolls to take away downstairs at the market on a Saturday morning
Monday 26 November 2007 9.06pm
I have only ever eaten lunch at the Blueprint.

Apparently Roast are also offering a two for one breakfast, but probably too early for me.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions