London SE1 community website

Hairdresser?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 9 November 2005 1.42pm
Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser in the area that isn't going to cost me a fortune? I'm always a little scared about letting strange people near my head with scissors!

Wednesday 9 November 2005 1.52pm
you and me both - hence my hair is almost shoulder-length now since moving to the area.
if anyone can recommend someone I'll be next in line.
ch
Wednesday 9 November 2005 1.58pm
There are a quite a few threads on this (try the search facility) but the two main recent recommendations I've seen are Malishi on Snowsfields and Revival on Tower Bridge Road.

I recently started going to Mariko at Malishi and have nothing but good things to say about her. 35 for a cut and blow dry (including a great head massage).

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/37171
Wednesday 9 November 2005 2.31pm
I second Mariko at Malishi (7403 3332). I'm never keen to try new hairdressers but she's very good and very un-scary. I used to go to Revival but they have recently changed hands, so previous recommendations may be out of date.
Wednesday 9 November 2005 2.33pm
sarah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I second Mariko at Malishi (7403 3332). I'm never
> keen to try new hairdressers but she's very good
> and very un-scary. I used to go to Revival but
> they have recently changed hands, so previous
> recommendations may be out of date.

She's also very cute!
Wednesday 9 November 2005 2.55pm
I recently used the Stress Exchange on Tooley St and had my colour done by Sarah and was really really pleased with that. Nicest I've had it done for a long time, colourwise.
However, a new guy then cut my hair and I was horrified by it- it was right before my 30th birthday party when I obviously wanted to look as gorgeous as possible.
I just wanted a trim to get rid of some of the dry ends, however I ended up having to wear my hair up for about 3 weeks until it had grown a bit.
He cut me a weird lopsided fringe rather than just trimming my usual jaw length layers so it looked like a strange mullet- very long hair at back and then odd fringe from the crown......I actually wept when I got home.
I didn't complain as I am definitely going back for the colour and I use their beauty rooms too.
Wednesday 9 November 2005 3.06pm
i've used studio 109 in Abbey street who are very good and not as pricey as some in the area -25 ish for a cut and blow dry (i have highlights as well as a cut and blow dry which can come to a small fortune)
Wednesday 9 November 2005 5.10pm
I go to Tracey who used to be at Man & Boy, but has now set up her on saloon on Queen Elizabeth Street - Circulo (020 7378 9990). She's really good with my very difficult hair (won't curl, won't layer, won't do any darned thing) and most importantly, she listens! In 3 years, she has never let me down.
Monday 14 November 2005 10.59am
Thanks for the help everyone, I went to Mariko at Malishi on Saturday and was very pleased with the results, will definatly use them again.
Friday 25 November 2005 11.52am
I went to Revival on TBR on Wednesday, hair cut is really nice and the new manager seems ok aswel. Still lots of refurbishment to be done in there though.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions