London SE1 community website

Hairdresser?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Friday 3 February 2006 7.19pm
i used to use revivals on a reg basis and thought they were great , then i moved to kent and it took me three go's to find a good hairdressers , but nothing comes close to dee (who was the lady at revival) who did my hair for a good 6 years, i was planning on booking a appointment and driving over to get my hair done in the next few weeks but you say they have changed hands , who owns the shop now and if its not the same owners they were called Dee and Alison, would anyone know where Dee is hairdressing if she still is?
Cheers
Saturday 29 April 2006 1.27pm
I just came back from Malishi and it was excellent. I have been to Toni & Guys, Vidal Sasson etc. paid through the nose for haircuts there, but by far this was one of the best haircuts I have had in years. Masa Honda cut my hair. In the consultation he picked up my hair and showed me how much he was cutting off so I don't have any scary 'hair cut to short' story to tell. The hair colour was exactly what I wanted. I had cream put on my face to stop staining and little ear protectors. All angles covered. So friendly, polite and an all round great experience.

Highly recommend.
Their details:
Tel: 0207 403 3332
www.malishi.com
Saturday 29 April 2006 2.59pm
slock wrote:
little ear protectors

I guess that Mr Spock and Noddy's friend aren't customers?
Ann
Monday 1 May 2006 4.49pm
I agree, since reading this review late last year, I now go to Tracey at Circulo and would have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone looking for a new hairdresser in the London area. Tracey is one of a rare breed who listens and has the expertise to carry out an excellent cut. The salon is tastefully decorated and comfortable with excellent customer service ensuring you have an enjoyable visit. One to recommend
Tuesday 2 May 2006 3.59pm
Following recommendations here, I went to Malishi and was very impressed. All three of them trained at the Vidal Sasson Academy - hence the excellent cuts.

In the past I had my haircut by Guy Kremer in Winchester (hairdresser of the year 3 times) and Tony & Guy - I used to model for them when I was a student. Now I can't afford their prices, but still want a good cut.

Malishi was certainly one of the best cuts I've ever had and I will be going back!
fh
Tuesday 2 May 2006 5.11pm
i went in to circulo asking for tracey and was told her books are closed and she doesnt accept any more customers. so i obviously cant follow that tip - pity because circulo is right downstairs from me and i would have gone there. now i might stick to my original hairdresser though he is not in SE1. if i have to wander out a bit i might as well go all the way!
fh
Wednesday 3 May 2006 12.26pm
after being quite ticked off by Circulo informing me that Tracey is "not taking any new clients" i called up malishi and made an appointment with mariko for a haircut today. Why bother opening a new salon if you're not going to take new clients i ask? Totally ridiculous. Well they have lost a potential client and Mariko at Malishi has gained yet another one!
Wednesday 3 May 2006 2.16pm
My colleagues all go to Malishi, but I am not quite as stylish as them and I go to Gossip, which is on the corner of Marshalsea Road and Redcross Way. He cuts my hair pretty well for a tenner. He seems to have loads of regular customers (mainly women) and gets booked up so I guess he is good.
Wednesday 3 May 2006 7.28pm
Champor-Champor wrote:
My colleagues all go to Malishi, but I am not quite as stylish as them and I go to Gossip, which is on the corner of Marshalsea Road and Redcross Way. He cuts my hair pretty well for a tenner. He seems to have loads of regular customers (mainly women) and gets booked up so I guess he is good.

Do you leave him a good tip??!!
oz
Saturday 27 May 2006 10.13am
Hi,
I've just been to Malishi after reading this post. I've tried the other places around here (including london bridge salon) and have to say Malishi's is the best. Extremely polite, relaxed atmosphere, where the pay a lot of attention to your hair - they don't rush. Defninitely recommend!
www.Malishi.com
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions