London SE1 community website

Hairdresser?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Thursday 29 March 2007 10.49am
Onay at

The Lounge 200 Jamacia Rd, London, SE16 4RT - 020 7237 2624

Is fabulous.

Great cut and colour, very reasonable prices and a very elegant glass or two of wine with Onay's compliments... And he has an excellent mirror side manner.

Onay also has an introduce a customer reward scheme so if you mention me [Michelle Peers] I get 5 off my next cut and colour for introducing a customer and you get 5 off for being introduced so win-win.

Hope you like him.

M x
Thursday 29 March 2007 10.52am
Where abouts in Jamaica road? (It's such a long road, so I'd like to know sort of which bit it's in)
Thursday 29 March 2007 11.41am
Jackie, Michelle does give the postcode. You can just put it into Google maps. I have just done it and the address is right by Bermondsey station, slightly towards southwark park. ( maps.google.co.uk )
Thursday 15 May 2008 5.53pm
On Michelle's recommendation I went to The Lounge a couple of weeks back (and mentioned your name, so claim the voucher). You're so right, Onay isvery friendly - as are all the staff - make you feel very at ease. I was very pleased with the cut - he really did listen to what I wanted from my hairstyle and then did exactly that (makes a nice change). Their opening times are good too - can go on way home from work so very convenient as is just next to the tube station. Anyone who is nervous of hairdressers should try this place - very non-intimidating! Thanks for the intro!
Kathy
Tuesday 5 August 2008 1.54pm
I booked in at Gossip the other day, but when I arrived (about 5 minutes ahead) both haidressers were busy doing their customers and I could tell none of them was going to be able to do me in 5 minutes. One was washing a woman's hair, and the other was in the middle of a cut. However, I was asked to take a seat. After 15 minutes of waiting unattended I just walked away... Don't think I'll make another appointment with them.
Tuesday 5 August 2008 5.13pm
I have gone to The Stress Exchange on Tooley Street twice now and am very pleased. Donna did a blow-dry a week ago and today she did color and a blow-dry. She had to strip out the color I've been getting for the last few months at another salon (not in the area) and redo it to match the ends. Excellent job. Nice calm salon, too, and they have filter coffee. They have facials and massages as well, though I haven't tried those yet. No connection, just a satisfied customer.
Tuesday 12 August 2008 11.55am
I had a good cut at Bridges on St Thomas st recently (also good for waxing - quick and relatively painless). Avoid EM at oxo tower - i had a dodgy uneven cut there and wouldn't go back.
Tuesday 12 August 2008 12.22pm
On a related note, I had a manicure at Bridges last week, and it's lasted very well.
Wednesday 13 August 2008 10.17am
I can thoroughly recommend my hairdresser. He's been doing my hair for years and has never given me a bad cut or dye/highlights in all that time - he's also a real giggle.

Since he left his salon he now visits his clients at home. As he's based on Oval/Stockwell he is more than happy to come to SE1. A full colour dye, wash & restyle is 70.

His name is Patric Quinn and phone is 07940 136354
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions