London SE1 community website

Good plumber?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sky
Thursday 31 January 2008 11.07am
Brian Large wrote:
I used Blue Plumbing after reading about them on this board but they quoted me based on several hours work, finished the job in under an hour, but charged me the quoted price all the same. I think I will use Pimlico next time.

Don't use Pimlico Plumbing, unless you want to throw your money down the drain.

One pi$$ed off "customer".
Friday 5 February 2010 4.33pm
On a side-note - anyone ever used Aspect Maintenance? I was recommended them by a friend who said they were very good and had decent rates...I don't really have much to compare them to though. According to their site they are London only.
Friday 5 February 2010 4.53pm
Ah, another plumbing thread - hurrah!

For what it's worth, I used Pimlico Plumbers for a boiler service last year and though they were fine.

Just last week I used Steve Bryant (recommended elsewhere on this forum) to install a couple of new radiators and install new radiator valves - he did a great job and is a thoroughly nice chap to have under your feet all day!

Chris
Friday 5 February 2010 6.20pm
Have also had plumbing work done by Steve and no complaints at all - good job and v reasonable price. Thoroughly recommended.

Also used Aspect Maintenance recently - not for plumbing but to replace a rotten concrete windowsill... was ok job, price as quoted etc but the jury's still out on whether I'd use them again as I think there is still a problem with the windowsill - will monitor it before I blame them. The very good thing was that they responded quickly and were able to get the work done in the timescale I needed.
Saturday 6 February 2010 8.31pm
I, too, recommend Warren. I was getting no hot water. After explaining the problem on the phone, he asked me for a pic of the boiler and then 'diagnosed' it straight away.
He came punctually and did a great job, very cheaply. Explained exactly what the problem was and taught me what to do, going foward. He even fixed a faulty tap in the bathroom for free!

Definitely worth a call!
Thursday 11 February 2010 4.34pm
Hi all,
I would be delighted to look at any opportunities. We are a locally based builder and work to a very high standard. Plenty of local references. Regards Brendan from SE1Build.com. My contacts are <removed 2012 - no longer trading>] www.se1build.com
Friday 12 February 2010 11.17am
This I know is the most stupid question ever and I will except your ridicule on the chin, but...
Does a plumber mend washing machines or is that a different thing. If so does anyone know a washing machine (Zanussi) mender and how much would you expect-ish to pay?
Sorry.... I am clueless.
Friday 12 February 2010 8.00pm
andy123 wrote:
On a side-note - anyone ever used Aspect Maintenance? I was recommended them by a friend who said they were very good and had decent rates...I don't really have much to compare them to though. According to their site they are London only.
Boo for your SE1 name (a bit close to mine!) but hooray for Aspect, who fitted a brand new boiler for me last summer and did a great job. Almost unbelievably, they seemed to answer the phone when called, and always turned up on time at my flat.
Thursday 18 February 2010 3.42pm
I would thoroughly recommend Jamie, he helped with some major moving of plumbing when no one else, recommended on this forum, was interested in the work, he was reasonable and creative and likeable as well, he has since been back and sorted out a leaking boiler, I wouldn't hesitate to call him back. his mobile number is 07884 343314
Tuesday 16 July 2013 8.11pm
I agree with Zac_Effron, Warren Hynes is amazing. Got recommended by a friend and called him. Within 2 hours my boiler was fixed...over the phone! Would have been happy to pay for it too.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions