London SE1 community website

Tree Vandals- shock horror!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 1 December 2005 10.40am
Sarahmc....your letter (email) is comprehensive........ mine was short and sweet!

05-AP-1845 . Metro CH

TO : Andrew Pratt.
telephone: 020 7525 5461

I believe that the plan for flats is wrong. It is already a high-density area, and new flats will be too close to existing flats....there will be no privacy for either developments.

The application to cut down trees is a scandal. The area is drab enough without losing a dozen mature trees.

Kevin O'Neill
Thursday 1 December 2005 1.27pm
I'm a girl, I like to go on a bit! AND also I am really cross about these plans and want to make sure all my objections are clear!
Thursday 1 December 2005 2.05pm
Thanks everyone for being so suportive, it's so important that the Council (and St.George) know that this is not something that happens without the local population knowing, caring, and NOT simply rolling over and accepting it
Monday 5 December 2005 12.29pm
Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12.30 the Southwark News is coming to do a piece about the aforementioned trees. Please will any of you who feel strongly about this come and join the protest? We will be in the "front garden" of Metro Central Heights beside the big trees near the bus stop of Newington Causeway, just off the northern roundabout of the E&C opposite small tube station.
Monday 5 December 2005 1.34pm
Jackie

If you're having a photo opportunity we'd be keen to cover this too. One of your neighbours from MCH was in touch last week about us running a news piece on the trees row. I suggested a photo opportunity of some kind might be more interesting than a plain "residents oppose planning application" story, but I never heard any more.

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 December 2005 5.25pm
This photo call is from Lorraine Zuleta our Coucillor,who has got Southwark News to come along (there will be mince pies and mulled wine I gather!! ).So...bring your cameras, I will bring mine, let's photograph!
Tuesday 6 December 2005 2.25pm
Hoooray for James our web site genius who came along with his notebook.
Tuesday 6 December 2005 3.12pm
One of them was James?!
Wednesday 7 December 2005 8.56am
Ah HA, yes indeed! I arrived late (sorry but inevitable) and got the stragglers, Lorraine Zuleta our indomitable councillor, Stephen Eighteen of the Southwark News, the Professor and David (one of our neighbours) and....another gorgeous young man with a notebook. I did think "maybe that's James" but was too polite to ask but - bless him - he identified himself and I GAVE HIM A KISS!! SO all of you who have never kissed James YA BOO SUCKS TO YOU!!!!
Wednesday 7 December 2005 11.06am
So were you a tree vandal? Did you scratch JR+JH in a heart shape into the bark to capture the moment ...?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions