London SE1 community website

Extension of C10 bus route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Current: 10 of 10
Wednesday 9 August 2006 10.33am
You should take the 360, which takes the scenic route from Victoria to the Elephant using the scenic route. (Black Prince Road.)

I would be careful of the C10. It now covers a wide spread of SE1. Strange people live there.
Wednesday 9 August 2006 11.06am
I made the mistake of taking the C10 from Lambeth Bridge to Surrey Quays. Bit slow but when I got to the roundabout by the Rotherhithe Tunnel I thought "ah, nearly there now". To my horror it turned left and gave me a grand tour of the Rotherhithe Penninsula, including part of it reminiscent of Brookside, and a farm! Got there in the end but I've learnt my lesson now.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 9 August 2006 11.21am
Similarly taking the C10 from Victoria - it goes all around the houses and back again before even crossing the river!
Wednesday 9 August 2006 11.36am
Wednesday 9 August 2006 12.10pm
Quokka wrote:

They appear to have neglected to update that map since the C10 was extended.
Wednesday 9 August 2006 12.29pm
all the same the c 10 is proving very popular and during the rush hour it is very difficult to get on one so well done to TFL and those who campaigned for the route extention-may need to put more on in the rush hour though!
Saturday 14 February 2009 1.28pm
Whilst Ms Shawcross is campaigning for the 1 and 78, she may well like to do the same for the C10.

After a good start, two years or so ago, it has become a pain to travel on for a variety of reasons.

These include the lack of heating, at this time of the year, so it becomes like travelling on a mobile fridge.

There should me more during the rush hours as they become packed, very quickly, and one is left waiting in the cold and rain for another - making it up to 30 mins.

They do not run to the published timetable last thing at night, arriving earlier than stated and, once again, making one wait for longer period than is acceptable.
Monday 16 February 2009 8.54am
I get the C10 everyday and it has gone downhill again. the buses are too small-only being one door means trying to get off them leads to all sorts of fun and games. They also change destination at the drop of a hat which does not help. As the tram is not going ahead they really need to improve the bus services south of the river.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Current: 10 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions