London SE1 community website

Extension of C10 bus route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 2 of 10
Friday 13 January 2006 5.23pm
which means that it won't go along the road from the Imperial War Museum to Lambeth Bridge.
Friday 13 January 2006 5.29pm
unless it goes that way then right along past the hospital then left over Westminster Bridge then left back along the Embankment to Lambeth Bridge and its old route?
Saturday 14 January 2006 8.51pm
There has been massive development ( and much not competed) at the Bermondsey St End of Long lane - and no bus on that street, so bus service is overdue and necesarry, otherwise there will be much worse traffic around there. People have to get around somehow.

That said, robbing Peter to pay Paul is not necesarily an optimal solution. I'd imagine that all those new flat means lots more council taxes, so there really shouldn't be any decline in service in Lambeth necessary to justify budgeting for a bus route to cover Long Lane.
Wednesday 22 February 2006 10.47am
we had a letter yesterday to say starts on March 18th. It says the route will be diverted between Elephant and Castle and Lambeth Bridge to take in St Thomas' hospital but does not give the route. Going the other way it will go through the Borough along Long Lane and Abbey Street down Jamaica Road, Rotherhithe, saltter road and Surrey Quays.
Wednesday 22 February 2006 10.55am
It's now on TfL's service changes page:
TfL wrote:
Extended from Elephant & Castle via Newington Causeway, Borough High Street, Great Dover Street, Long Lane, Abbey Street and Jamaica Road to Bermondsey Station, then via Brunel Road, Rotherhithe Street and Redriff Road to terminate at Canada Water Bus Station - replaces route 225 between Bermondsey Station and Canada Water.
Rerouted between Lambeth Bridge and St George's Circus via Lambeth Palace Road and Westminster Bridge Road (serving St Thomas' Hospital).
New daily timetable - no changes to current scheduled frequencies.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/cib_service_change.asp

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 22 February 2006 11.14am
Thanks James
Wednesday 22 February 2006 11.28am
That makes it sound like its already in service, but I dont think it is. (unless bus stops have grown up like mushrooms since I drove along there last night)

It will certainly be a godsend and long overdue. People on my estate (the Tabard) have been asking for a bus for years, as parts of the estate are quite cut off from any facilities, and its very difficult if you cant walk far. This will be fantastic for people to get to the doctors, to St Thomas's Hopital, to the libraries, the post office at Borough, and to shop at Surrey Quays and the Blue.
Wednesday 22 February 2006 11.34am
The Unladylike Ms. Jo wrote:
That makes it sound like its already in service, but I dont think it is.
It's dated 18 March on the TfL site (as per dee dee's letter) but I didn't quote that bit.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 22 February 2006 11.47am
Excellent, I'll make an appointment at the doctors then, as I cant normally walk that far!
Jac
Wednesday 22 February 2006 12.54pm
Lining on Long Lane I cant help but wonder where the bus stops are going to be and how and who chooses where they will be. I am wondering if I am going to wake up one morning and find a bus stop outside my door. This bus may be widely welcomed but I do have some reservations about bus stops along what is a busy road that is quite narrow in places.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 2 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions