London SE1 community website

Extension of C10 bus route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 4 of 10
Thursday 2 March 2006 10.19pm
It was bad planning to believe that people in an area that historically has been relatively poor would want to pay extra to go by Tube when the bus is so much cheaper and not necessarily that much slower. Living at Elephant and Castle, even with the Tube here I choose to use the bus as it's a lot cheaper and I can put up with the longer journey time. Now that I work in Victoria the bus is the more direct route for me so I'm happy (shame it's the overcrowded 148, with uncomfortable seats!).
Monday 13 March 2006 10.25am
A response (cut and pasted below) at last on where bus stops in Long Lane are to be sited which tells us nothing!!

I note that you and your neighbours do have some concerns about the siting of bus stops in Long Lane in connection with this new service. In advance of the restructuring of this service, my officers identified appropriate sites for bus stops in consultation with the Police and local council officers. We believe the current sites are safe and operationally suitable for bus service operation. However, their suitability will be kept under review once the service starts operating.
Jac
Monday 13 March 2006 11.36am
But their still not letting on where they are going to be and there is only 5 days before the route starts. I have noticed the buses (out of service) on long lane a couple of times, I guess it the drivers learning the route.
Monday 13 March 2006 11.53am
a new game we can all play-spot the bus stop-if anyone sees one let us know!
Jac
Monday 13 March 2006 12.06pm
i've made a couple of guesses as to where they might be, I'm waiting to see if my idea of where they should go matches theirs
Monday 13 March 2006 12.12pm
Jac
Monday 13 March 2006 12.33pm
Tennis street makes sence but I cant see where a safe spot for staple street going east to west would be one side of staple street is shops the other would be too near tennis street to make sence
Monday 13 March 2006 1.06pm
well I guess any further up towards TBR is too dangerous with sidestreets and entrance ways. I cannot see the shop owners by staple street being too pleased if the parking area outside the shops is turned into a bus stop but cannot see where else will put it. where will the bus stop be opposite Tennis Street as at the moment the pavement is closed off so perhaps this will not come in until Tabard Sq finished.
Monday 13 March 2006 1.08pm
On a similar note, does anyone know why several months ago a bus shelter appeared on Newington Causeway near the railway bridge, complete with solar powered lighting, but does not appear to be a bus stop?
Monday 13 March 2006 1.08pm
Unless the stops are for the opposite directions - ie Tennis Street is North to South and Staple Street is vica versa - that way if buses were at both stops at the same time, traffic still might be able to flow?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 4 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions