London SE1 community website

Extension of C10 bus route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 5 of 10
Monday 13 March 2006 1.47pm
TfL seem to have forgotten about the 42 and 78 buses on their Bermondsey Bus Map. (posted above by TLMJJ)
Monday 13 March 2006 1.50pm
It's a spider-map designed to be displayed at Bermondsey tube station, so it only shows routes which serve the station.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 13 March 2006 2.05pm
There are small puddles of tarmac with the LT logo on them which have appeared on the pavements on Long Lane. I'm guessing the stops will be sited there. I saw one on the North side opposite Bermondsey sq. and I think I saw another just about opposite the chip shop.
Wednesday 15 March 2006 10.42pm
I cycled down Long Lane this evening and I see that bus stops have now materialised.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 16 March 2006 9.00am
They have ... though I am confused as to the one sited by the church gates on Abbey Street ... it says it's for buses towards Borough - though it would need to be on the other side of the road (admittedly where Bermondsey Square is being dug up) to be for buses in that direction. Maybe the buses have to share that stop?!
Thursday 16 March 2006 9.09am
probably that one was meant for the otherside of the road!
Thursday 16 March 2006 4.17pm
Have buses started to run on this extension route yet? There are timetables at the bus stops so it would be very misleading if they haven't ... And I guess they must be single-deckers too as there are quite a few overhanging trees along Long Lane
Thursday 16 March 2006 4.26pm
no it starts on the 18th-this Saturday and you're right it is misleading as the one i saw did not have bus stop not in use on it. Yes they are the small single deck buses
Thursday 16 March 2006 5.20pm
Glad I decided to take the tube instead! Wonder how may people have stood waiting for one? If the deli had been open they could've made a fortune in warm drinks!!
Thursday 16 March 2006 5.28pm
I'm really excited about having a new bus on Long Lane! Simple things please simple minds.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 5 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions