London SE1 community website

Extension of C10 bus route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 6 of 10
Thursday 16 March 2006 11.41pm
The Unladylike Ms. Jo wrote:
I'm really excited about having a new bus on Long Lane! Simple things please simple minds.

So am I! It's a bus I take very often to Pimlico and Westminster and it makes a real difference to my journey. I happily avoid E & C to change from one bus to another and will have a nice ride over Lovely Leafy Long Lane instead!
Friday 17 March 2006 12.08am
I am excited, too!
Friday 17 March 2006 12.44am
Aren't we all simple!
We're so delighted that we're even starting to call Long Lane "lovely"!
Friday 17 March 2006 8.35am
Hurrah! Looking forward to lots of impromptu SE1 socials on the C10 ... do you think they'll have a bar on board?!
Friday 17 March 2006 9.39am
Long Lane is certainly lovlier than it was now we have our own bus route!
Friday 17 March 2006 9.58am
But others lose out....

I used to really value a bus that stopped outside Pimlico Tube and delivered me home.

Score: Southwark 1 Lambeth 0
Friday 17 March 2006 10.57am
Sorry that some now have to lose out, but never mind, The Sarah - if all the Long Laners and nearly Long Laners turn the C10 into a party bus maybe it'll be returned to it's original route...
Saturday 18 March 2006 1.10am
This might help relieve some of the terrible congestion on the routes heading into E&C. In the rush hour, getting a bus west at Bricklayers is a lottery. Some mornings you can see 5 or even 10 go past, all full.
Saturday 18 March 2006 8.22am
Just saw a C10 whizz down Long Lane this morning....this route appears to be in operation now.
Saturday 18 March 2006 12.56pm
Sarah, you will have only a few extra yards to walk, because the bus still goes over Lambeth bridge, but then goes down Lambeth Palace Rd rather than Lambeth Rd. Not ideal when you have shopping to carry or whatever, but absolutely brilliant for all the people who can now easily get to St Thomas's hospital.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 6 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions