London SE1 community website

Extension of C10 bus route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 7 of 10
Sunday 19 March 2006 12.49am
Went on the bus today, from Lower Marsh to Long Lane. Still excited!
Sunday 19 March 2006 7.07am
Can someone tell me which place in the E&C the C10 goes from and which route it takes to Victoria? I keep reading this thread (from Tel Aviv) and the thrill and excitement is getting too much for me. Am back at the end of the month and simply HAVE to get on this bus in a hurry. But where does it GO exactly. Thanks!
Sunday 19 March 2006 8.20am
It starts outside Metro Heights
Sunday 19 March 2006 10.53am
It takes a very convoluted route to Victoria. Unless you specifically want the coach station it's best to take the 148, if you want to get to Victoria quickly.

It goes over Lambeth Bridge, up Horseferry Road then turns off to do a mini tour of Pimlico via the station before running up Buckingham Palace Road, finishing at Victoria Station. Unfortunately the TfL journey planner is denying all knowledge of the route at the moment, but here is an unofficial page with the timetable: http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/C10.htm
Sunday 19 March 2006 7.14pm
Gosh I thought the 148 was pretty convoluted too....so not so exciting as all that. Unless I want to go the other way to Long Lane I guess!
Jac
Sunday 19 March 2006 7.33pm
Well Jackie its a very convenient bus if you want to come and see me, almost door to door!
Sunday 19 March 2006 9.25pm
You could visit half the people on this forum I think!
Sunday 19 March 2006 10.17pm
Of course, it's not as convoluted as the 360 which is probably an appropriate number for it! The bit where it goes along the embankment, stops at a stop which nobody seems to use then goes back the other way (a u-turn, almost) always annoys me.
Monday 20 March 2006 5.58am
What a good idea...I'll come and visit everyone when I get back (two weeks from now) and leave Victoria to care for itself.
Monday 20 March 2006 11.48am
Honestly, who wants to be in Victoria? Long Live Long Lane!

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20 March 2006 11.49am by maurits.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 7 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions