London SE1 community website

Extension of C10 bus route

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 9 of 10
Tuesday 21 March 2006 8.40am
It's hardly gone - the stop is now 300m away instead of at the end of your road!

I'm sure you'll find the same happy band of travellers there as you did before...

Regards,

Loafer
Tuesday 21 March 2006 8.58am
300 m. Precisely.

This parenting lark has made me feel old and tired.

Seriously it was very nice on those days where I left work late and could get a tube to Pimlico and then a bus that would deposit me almost outside my door.

A friend, I saw last night, lives in Westminster right by a C10 bus stop. She is pleased that she will now be able to explore the wilder reaches of Long Lane, and delighted that there are so many people she can visit.
Tuesday 21 March 2006 9.00am
whilst i have my sympathies for the people who have had the bus re routed it has to be remembered that many services have been moved from guys to St Thomas' and for people in Long Lane, Abbey Street and the Borough there has been no direct bus link through to St Thomas's. This has meant having to change buses which for many elderly and disabled people has been a real problem so I know you are feeling hard done by but many people will be benefiting from this and as loafer has pointed out it has not gone it just means a short walk.
Tuesday 21 March 2006 12.22pm
I know its not as nice as having a bus stop very close to your house, but you can still use the bus, Sarah, it goes down Lambeth Palace Rd instead of Lambeth Rd, so hopefully you wont have too many extra yards to walk to the nearest stop. Your 'old friend' the C10 has moved round the corner rather than out of the area altogether.
Tuesday 21 March 2006 3.33pm
sarah2 wrote:
300 m. Precisely.

Good grief- 300 meters, what on earth are you complaining about?
Tuesday 21 March 2006 4.26pm
Excuse ME Mauritz, but 300 metres can be a long way if it's chucking it down with rain or you have anything much to carry....we arent all as fit and sleek as you!
Thursday 23 March 2006 12.11am
sarah2 wrote:
300 m. Precisely.
This parenting lark has made me feel old and tired.

Seriously it was very nice on those days where I left work late and could get a tube to Pimlico and then a bus that would deposit me almost outside my door.

A friend, I saw last night, lives in Westminster right by a C10 bus stop. She is pleased that she will now be able to explore the wilder reaches of Long Lane, and delighted that there are so many people she can visit.

Ah Sarah, it must be a pain for you. But on the bright side, now you only have to walk 300m in order to pop onto a bus to come to see all of us who live near Long Lane!
Thursday 23 March 2006 5.41am
Jo, why are you burning the midnight oil?? I open up the Forum every morning at about five/six in the morning here in Tel Aviv and see your postings at times when you should be getting your beauty sleep....or are you waiting for the bus?
Thursday 23 March 2006 6.27am
Its looks as if we have sorted out where the next social is going to be. Though the speed bumps on some of the back streets will be enough to make even teetotalers feel unwell.

I was not really complaining. I was just feeling left out. Though there was perhaps a point to be made about the fact that Southwark politicans have lobbied for a bus which goes past St Thomas', yet Lambeth politicans seem to have forgotten how many Lambeth kids go to school outside the borough and for those living on Lambeth road the choice is often Westminster including Greycoats and Pimlico at Secondary and a whole host of primaries all effectively served by the C10. Lambeth Road has already lost the 159. I almost dare not mention the two remaining bus services in case someone tries to pinch them as well.

Long Lane residents with small children can now get to Causton Street Playground. Its only small but brilliant, sort of at the back of Millbank Primary, eg back from the river behind the Tate Britain. There is a large sandpit with some play equipment in it, and a large shallow paddling pool. Plus a couple of other bits of play equipment. There is lots of seating, and, unusually, it is staffed and has toilets and a ball court. On a hot summers day you can take lots of books and magazines, and the kids will happily splash around for hours. A real life saver.

For a while the C10 had a lady bus driver, whose small son seemed to get on her bus after school. He would then sit quietly at the back doing his homework and eating a pack of sandwiches, whilst shuttling between Victoria and the Elephant. At a certain point there would be a man at the bus stop, presumably his dad, and he would get off and go home. He was very well behaved. An interesting solution to the real problem of finding after-school care.

I think I am done on my C10 memories.
Wednesday 9 August 2006 8.38am
I don't actually live in SE1 but Pimlico, however a friend of mine lives over the river in Kennington and we foolishly thought that the C10 would be a convienient bus to use. It may start at Victoria and it may finish at Canada Water but does anyone truely know what it gets up to inbetween? We've decided it must enter a parellel universe of some kind. When time allows it is our intention to, I think very bravely, make up a flask of tea and some sandwiches and set off early to investigate the whole C10 phenomenon. Should you hear reports of two people dissappearing in Central London and last being seen boarding a C10, let this be a testiment to their fate!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 9 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions