London SE1 community website

Chambers Wharf

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 4 of 11
Friday 9 March 2007 10.27am
DRoberts wrote:
It all seems to have gone quiet on the development of Chambers Wharf. Has anyone heard anything recently?

No, I think we have to be patient for a bit while they get the plans together. As long as the site is redeveloped and the Thames path is opened up I'll be happy.

In the meantime there are lots of good pics at http://www.derelictlondon.com/chambers_wharf.htm
Sunday 11 March 2007 10.52am
I think there's a huge ian Simpson designed development planned for this area. Its in pre-planning at the moment
Monday 12 March 2007 7.17am
Lovely building, why not just REPAIR it?
Monday 26 March 2007 1.28pm
Thanks for that.

Are Ian Simpson good people or will it be a 'carbuncle'?

Any rumours as to when an applictaion will go in?
Tuesday 27 March 2007 1.35am
I think it has been in pre-planning a while so I would imagine it would be submitted sometime this year.

You can check out Ian Simpsons website & make up your own mind whether he's a good architect or not (He's also designer for the Beetham tower on Blackfriars road).
Thursday 26 April 2007 1.58pm
I did check out the web site and they certainly do some interesting buildings. A friend of mine who lives to the east of Chambers Wharf recently had a visit from someone representing St Martins (owners or developers?). His view was that application will be in very soon and that the plans looked pretty good with plenty of greenery and the Thames path through the site (no longer a detour down Loftie St!).
Tuesday 8 May 2007 10.10am
Hi

Has anyone heard anything more on the development of the wharf?
Wednesday 9 May 2007 2.38pm
There is an environmental impact assessment scoping report- for the following from last November.

Application Number: 06-AP-2196

CHAMBERS WHARF, CHAMBERS STREET, LONDON, SE16 4XQ

Proposal: Environmental Impact Assessment screening opinion for a proposed development comprising up to six separate buildings up to twelve storeys in height providing up to 700 residential units and 250 car parking spaces
Friday 11 May 2007 9.03am
I had someone from St Martin's round to show me the plans as I live in Chambers St opposite the wharf. The current plan is for both Wharf buildings on the river side and the Wharf appartments building on the south side of Chambers strete to be demolished. (They can't be refurbished as their construction is so solid for insulation). On the river side, there will be 4 12 storey appartment blocks running perpendicular to the river with open space in between and the thames pathway will be opened up. Work is unlikely to start until late 2008 and is scheduled to finish in 2011-12. One the south side of Chambers street plans are for a new community centre and other flats/houses.
Tuesday 22 May 2007 2.46pm
re Neil:
I saw some (same?) guy who had a plan of the site. It looked good. Thames Path opened up, plenty of greenery on the new site and not gated which is a relief. Im sure some people will not be happy because of the height or cars but I think it will make a huge differecne to this area. Hopefuly it may include a couple of shops or a cafe or even ( here is hoping) a mini supermarket Sainsbury or Tesco.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 4 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions