London SE1 community website

Potters Fields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Current: 12 of 12
Thursday 17 November 2005 5.10pm
Erm... sadly not as up on my Kant as I would like to be. Didn't even finish Sophie's World, IIRC. But I look forward to the time when I've got a free Sunday to read it. The Kant, I mean.

Thursday 17 November 2005 5.12pm
jackie rokotnitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Saw Simon Hughes at a meeting last night, and
> congratulated him on his stand. He said he thinks
> the development will be scotched by Southwark
> because they own much of the land. The head of the
> Council was there too and said the same...it was a
> small gathering and I had a chance to to chat to
> all of them....so.....FINGERS CROSSED!

Jackie - glad to hear it. Pressure on them needs to be unrelenting still. Thanks for the bit of good news though!
Thursday 17 November 2005 9.41pm
Trust me, I'm a total PAIN when it comes to nagging and pushing and bringing the case to the fore...I'll never miss a chance to jump around and explain why the local population are horrified at the indiscrimate development of unsuitable and incongruous projects which only benefit the shareholders and have absolutely no contribution either to the people nor to the aesthetics of the area.
Friday 18 November 2005 1.18pm
Whilst it may turn out to be the case that the land owned by Southwark Council is not utilized in the final development, I don't think it is safe to assume that no devlopment at all will happen on the land owned by B.Homes - there is very likely to be a contingency plan based on the possibility of them only having a diminished footprint to build on. Given the likely approval of the larger scheme, it would probably get through planning fairly easily.
Friday 18 November 2005 2.04pm
According to the Southwark News a source close to John Prescott
says he is unlikly to change his mind.
its a good article though.

Saturday 19 November 2005 12.15pm
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Current: 12 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions