London SE1 community website

NCT in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 20 March 2007 1.17pm
Hi All,

I'm also very interested in joining a baby group in the areea. I'm due 4th June (first baby). We live near Borough High Street.

Charlotte
Tuesday 20 March 2007 1.20pm
Seems there is quite a baby boom at the moment!

I'll arrange a little get-together so if you are interested in meeting up with local mums (& mums-to-be) please PM me with your email address and perhaps due date and where you live..

Cecilia
Tuesday 20 March 2007 1.47pm
Hi
I had my little girl in July last year so the post is a little old!!!
There is a really good group called SE1 NCT and there's boroughbabies yahoo group which is also excellent. Fear not there are lots of mums and babies in the neighbourhood.

PM me and I will send you the link to both of the above.
Paola
Tuesday 20 March 2007 2.05pm
We had our little baby boy (I'm his Dad) in Feb this year. We went to NCT in New Cross which was really good, and was the nearest one available. It is quite 'hippy' and VERY white/ middle class!!

Henry was born at St Thomas' and they were great - PM me if you want any detailed information about the process etc.

Word of warning - if your baby is born at St Thomas' then you have to register the birth in Lambeth, and it takes 5 weeks to get an appointment. So don't think you can quickly get a passport, if you want to take baby out of the country. This has been a headache for us as we're going away next week and we had to pay 100 for the fast-track passport service.
Tuesday 20 March 2007 10.59pm
JGarcia wrote:
Word of warning - if your baby is born at St Thomas' then you have to register the birth in Lambeth, and it takes 5 weeks to get an appointment. So don't think you can quickly get a passport, if you want to take baby out of the country. This has been a headache for us as we're going away next week and we had to pay 100 for the fast-track passport service.

However they sometimes offer weekend registration if they have a backlog ... we were originally told it would be 6-7weeks before we could register our baby last November, but then got a Sunday appointment two weeks later ...

And I'd be happy to meet up with new mums and mums-to-be ... it's the ony social life we'll get for a while!
Wednesday 21 March 2007 10.10am
If you turn up at Lambeth Town Hall at 9am, they'll do it within an hour - they have an urgent no appointment service which they don't advertise (for obvious reasons with the ongoing backlog). We've done this twice now without any problems.
Thursday 22 March 2007 11.45am
There's a new nursery just opened in the new development at the Borough High St end of Long Lane (Tabard Squre). It looks really nice, but don't know if they have a mother/baby group. I'm not in the family demographic yet, I just happened to walk by, but there's an article about it on this website/forum, and I've added in the details below.
Good luck!

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1992

Bright Horizons, 10-12 Empire Square, Tabard Street, London SE1 4NA
• 020 7407 2068
Thursday 16 December 2010 12.25pm
Hello,

I'm due my first baby in the middle of June and live in the Shad Thames/ Mill Street area. I would love to meet other mums to be in the area and too would be up for helping coordinate a group.

I will be off work until Dec-Jan 2012.

Alice
Wednesday 12 January 2011 12.02pm
Hi there,

I am also due my first baby at the start of June and am also in the Mill St area. Keen to meet up or join a group!

I'm not working at the moment so generally free mid-week.

Katy
Wednesday 12 January 2011 2.16pm
There's definitely an existing NCT group which covers this area. And they run classes for parents-to-be in the room above the excellent Royal Oak (how good is that!!!)

St Thomas', your midwife team, and Sthk Council will all have details about classes and groups that you can attend (many of them free).

And there have been various mum & child groups operating around SE1 for a while. I don't know anything about them, but they've popped up on threads on the SE1 forum and Socials forum over the last few years.

Hope that helps. Good luck

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions