London SE1 community website

5-a-side footie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 31 March 2003 2.33pm
There are now 9 people up for this. Next I need to find a park that suits, so give me a few days and I'll let you know.

Post edited (31 Mar 03 15:34)
Monday 21 April 2003 2.32pm
ok. it's sorted and kicks off next Sunday in Southark Park. I headed over there this morning to take a scout around and it's a great park - lots of flat open spaces to set up a good playing area. 12pm i reckon. if anyone wants a lift over from london bridge drop me a line. i'll email the spot to meet for anyone else who's interested. we have 12 - 15 guys at the mo, but more would be cool. and as u can see above, a pitch is on the way...
Tuesday 22 April 2003 4.24pm
I'll have a go Brian - can you let me know where it is exactly?
Thanks -
Tuesday 22 April 2003 10.47pm
no probs stiofan. i emailed you but the email bounced. If you go down Gomm Road through the gates of the park and swing around to the right following the railings, past the bowling green on your left, there's a clearance on the right hand side with benches around it and trees around it - we'll be there. 12pm, Sunday. Look forward to seeing u there. B.
Jai
Wednesday 23 April 2003 12.35pm
can't be there this Sunday, as I've been drafted out of retirement to play in some 7's Rugby tournament.

Varkenslachter
Thursday 24 April 2003 9.46am
I'll be there - I've fixed the e-mail now too.

Ex rugby player myself Jai, coming out of retirement to play in a 7's tournament - I hope you've kept yourself in shape...
Thursday 24 April 2003 8.19pm
great stiofan. i'll send the stuff through again. lookin forward to seeing you
Thursday 1 May 2003 6.05pm
We got a reasonable turnout for the inaugural 5-a-side team. 7 showed (including Stiofan, who got lost and ended up deserting to another team, but assures us he will be back). Two others failed to show through massive hangovers. So we had a 3 v 3 that really took it out of us, except Michael and Enda who jogged from Peckham to be there and then jogged back! The follow up session is not this weekend due to the bank holiday, but the following weekend. 12pm, Sunday, Southwark Park. The team is Southwark Park FC. A dedicated website will be up and running soon but for now this will be our bulletin board.
Friday 2 May 2003 9.03am
Nice one Brian, I couldn't remember your directions and ended up playing 9 a-side on a full size pitch for two hours with some friendly Fins - very tiring, and I'm only just about getting the movement back in my legs (have been walking like a gorrilla since Monday).

Come on you SE1ers, get your boots out - I haven't done any excercise since moving to London and thouroughly enjoyed a run in the park....jumpers for goalposts anyone?
Sunday 4 May 2003 9.18pm
Jennifer,

Hi - I'm also a Jenny! Four of us recently formed a new action group - Blackfriars Community Action Group. My husband is keen to have a five a side tournament and Colombo is about three minutes walk from us - Peabody Square, Blackfriars Road. The idea is to have several teams from all around the SE1 area.

Can you please let us know if it would be possible to organise something soon?

Many thanks

Jenny
Blackfriars Community Action Group
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions