London SE1 community website

5-a-side footie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 7 May 2003 2.20pm

Hi Jenny

I am not in a position to tell you when the work on both sites (Hatfields and Paris Gardens) will start. Surprise, surprise Lambeth are dragging their heals over the lease. Paris Gardens is the one that will be ready to go first but unfortunately, we would loose a massive discount if both sites are not redeveloped at the same time.

On a brighter note, it's great to hear that you are all being pro-active down at your end.

If in the interim you would like to advertise within the centre for more players then please contact me on 020 7 633 0835 and I will get back to you.

Jennifer Mosley
Youth and Community OUtreach Worker
Colombo Centre
Saturday 10 May 2003 2.37pm
stiofan, sorry, i've lost ur number. just checkin if ur about tomorrow
Sunday 11 May 2003 1.11am
Unfortunately this weeks session has had to be postponed for reasons beyond my control. I will contact everyone early this week to confirm attendance next week. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Jai
Monday 12 May 2003 8.39am
Brian, can you add me to your list again please.

e-mail is [email protected]

Varkenslachter
Monday 12 May 2003 10.56pm
Brian, please add me to your list. I can play most Sundays.

thanks

Mark Adams
Monday 12 May 2003 10.57pm
Brian, e-mail for list is

[email protected]

thanks
Tuesday 13 May 2003 8.18am
Brian, if you ever manage to sort out a balmy summer school night kick around, count me in- sundays are a tad difficult for me...

bart

[email protected]
Wednesday 14 May 2003 1.03pm
Hi everyone -

I dont know if you remember but I began asking questions about 5-A-side back in October last year and I tried for ages to find a venue for evening games in SE1 but to no avail.

I've changed jobs since then and life has been totally hectic but I want to get playing football regularly again. A few mates and I have been going for a kick-about on a Sunday on Blackheath but there never seems to be more than 3/4 of us. Could we join you guys of a Sunday? I guess there could be anything from 1 to 6 of us if we know there's definitely a game going ahead! When is your next session in Southwark Park?

I also got in touch with Jenny Mosely a while back...
Jenny - I am sorry to hear that the council are dragging their heals on this. Please keep me on the list for a 5-A-Side evening slot and let me know how it all develops.
Thanks

David Whitaker 07909 688911 bart wrote:

> Brian, if you ever manage to sort out a balmy summer school
> night kick around, count me in- sundays are a tad difficult for
> me...
>
> bart
>
> [email protected]
Tuesday 2 September 2003 11.42am
Hi guys,

What's the best way to get involved with some kind of 5-a-side footie round here? Are there any pitches we can use or is it case of find some open space......

There are a few of us at this company who would be up for it, not a whole team, but maybe the local companies/residents could team together and get something sorted?

Cheers,

Sam
Tuesday 2 September 2003 3.05pm
Sam, TopCorner run a 5-a-side league in SE1. You can get details at this website.

http://www.topcorner.it/FiveASide.asp?GUID=&LeagueTypeID=1

I play in one of their leagues in West London on Tuesday nights (bit of a trek, but it's where most of my buddies live). It's really well run and pretty friendly.

I think the SE1 league started last week or week before, but they have about 3 or 4 a year, so you could catch the next one in a few months.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions