London SE1 community website

Dentist Recommendation?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Monday 14 August 2006 4.10pm
I can thoroughly recommend MP Dental Practice at 186 Jamaica Road, easily accessed via lots of buses which run from SE1 to Jamaica Road.
Friday 22 June 2007 12.22pm
I would certainly not recommend CHATER I went to this "dentist " 3 years ago for a check up and had 4 fillings; I was immediately in pain and had to return numerous times ending in root canal surgery, but still in pain, subsequently went to South Bank Dental Surgery on Jamaica Road, where I needed further root canal surgery but I eventually ended up losing the tooth because it could not saved. I have since had to have root canal on one of the other teeth that were originally filled by CHATER.
Friday 22 June 2007 2.50pm
I would definitely not recommend Annobil on tower bridge road. Yes he's cheap, but all the work I had done there has had to be replaced within six months to a year. I've had it done privately this time - it is so much better.

Regarding one bit of work Annobil did, he told me not to even chew gum using that tooth. The replacement one take anything.

What's worse is the fact that Annobil's work made my teeth worse in the long run, by postponing treatment.
Zoe
Sunday 24 June 2007 9.27pm
I've used the Covent Garden dental practice, and found them to be very good, but it's not cheap, and I don't think they offered NHS then (if they offer it now, try to get on their list, they are worth it). The dentist I saw was very patient, despite my complete hysteria, (brought on by dentists, the thought of a dentist or anything excessively minty).

I now see Dr Ng in Old Kent Road, who is also very good and takes NHS patients, but I don't quite get the care and attention I got at the Covent Garden clinic, though I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost, unless you are as pathetic as me, and shake and cry at the sight of the chair!

I now make sure I floss regularly, to try to cut down on dental work.....
Monday 25 June 2007 8.40pm
I have been going to Dr. Ho on Waterloo Road for the last 3 weeks. He is very good. Doesn't mind me squirming much. His nurse is lovely.

He has done 8 fillings so far all without an anesthetic which shows he has a steady hand.
Tuesday 26 June 2007 8.56am
I've been going to Oralon in the Circle for years and always found them very good.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions