London SE1 community website

Tabard Tower blue box

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Current: 10 of 10
Thursday 20 April 2006 12.59pm
taking a good look in the light evenings.

Is it finished or are they still building it ? its hard to
tell.

either way its an eye sore.
Thursday 20 April 2006 1.50pm
It seems to be stuck on green
Thursday 20 April 2006 3.17pm
If it is finished externally it's diabolical. Several of the panels are a lighter shade of grey as if they have
been replaced. How much extra would it have cost to make it more interesting to look at. A few gargoyles
or caricatures of people who have passed through SE1 over the centuries. It just looks like a cheap
box. At least when the trees are in full bloom it will hide most of it. Two more weeks should do it.
October 2005

Early April 2006
Thursday 2 October 2008 5.01pm
This came up in conversation last night at the book club, and I had a hard time persuading someone that it was indeed a barometer - so I found this thread, and at the top of page nine, James links to a news article which describes how the light works.
Thursday 2 October 2008 9.24pm
Has anyone got a barometer at home and compared actual pressure with the colour changes on the light box? It doesnt go red very often.
PKM
Friday 3 October 2008 9.10am
I've noticed that when its red, its nice and clear the following day - would explain why its not red often.
Sunday 5 October 2008 12.14pm
According staff at the lighting company my friend works at, the barometer doesn't work so it just gets set on random. Hope that's not true. No-one got a barometer?

I agree its ugly though, as is the tower itself. They both have an unfinished look.
Sunday 5 October 2008 1.11pm
I would have to disagree about the tower being ugly - being a proud resident of said building !
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Current: 10 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions