London SE1 community website

Tabard Tower blue box

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 2 of 10
Monday 27 February 2006 4.05pm
The blue is only temporary while neon signs are fitted. From April 1st there will be flashing neon signs
with CocaCola and ] and an "I'm lovin' it" McDonalds.
Along the top there will be a rolling SE1 news feed visible for miles.

All the revenue will be used to cut the residents service charges.
Monday 27 February 2006 4.50pm
and a countdown for when the Starbucks in the square will be opening??

is there any news on what the supermarket will be???
Anonymous User
Monday 27 February 2006 5.09pm
Like Times Square? We *are* living in NY2 !!
Monday 27 February 2006 5.56pm
The colours are now rotating - purple, then red, then green, blue, indigo and back to purple... it looks fabulous.

Great new landmark for SE1.
Monday 27 February 2006 6.33pm
Yuk! It's gross! I can't believe it, I'm depressed. Phoney, you thought you were joking.

Its particularly gruesome when it slides from red to green.

I'm going to have to buy blinds. Berkeleys have taken away my pleasure in looking at the night sky.

I'm also going to check out their planning application because I don't remember that being in it.
Monday 27 February 2006 8.34pm
And now the blue box changes colour in sequence of about 6 - i like it !
Monday 27 February 2006 9.49pm
Currently there is no light at all. I liked the blue a lot.
Tuesday 28 February 2006 7.44am
Lordy, it was pink for a while.
Tuesday 28 February 2006 8.23am
Do you know I think life is so contradictory... with so much emphasis on global warming we permit all these schemes that use more of our planet's resources than ever...I think lights in shop displays should be turned off when the shop is closed, even turned off at midnight would help....all unneccessary lights should go...light pollution is dreadful in any built up area now.

I used to walk along Long Lane at night and look up at the beautiful night sky with twinkling stars and feel I could write lyrical poetry..the gas lamps came on at dusk and lit the streets with out making you feel blinded.

I'm with T.U.Ms.Jo on this one even though I have not seen it! How about approaching Donnachadh McCarthy ( or Eco Warrior as it describes him in todays South London Press) he may be able to help.
Tuesday 28 February 2006 9.26am
re: Dee Dee

no news on the supermarket yet. the usual suspects have all looked at the site & done footfall assessments but as yet no takers. there's no guarantee that anyhting will be open by the time the development is finished. at a similar Berkeley development in EC1 it took 2 years after the flats were finished for terms to be agreed.

on a positive note, the space at Tabard earmarked for a supermarket can only relaistically be used as such - the vast loading doors on Tabard Street are specifically for cold products unloading.

one would have thought that having an agreed operator inplace would help the marketing of the flats but my guess is that the commercial space goes up in value once the flats are finished and that profit wise (at say 150 per sq. foot) it's not a big element in the overall profit of the scheme when the lfats are selling 450 - 600 psf.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 2 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions