London SE1 community website

Village East, Bermondsey St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9
Monday 27 February 2006 4.24pm
My Williamsburg dresscode would be a hat, long black coat, peyot (2 rows of hair lingering along my face, dont know the English word) and wife with a wig and lot's of kids.
Monday 27 February 2006 4.33pm
peyot are earlocks!
Monday 27 February 2006 5.30pm
Does it serve draft real ale like the Garrison?
Monday 27 February 2006 7.15pm
<Lang Rabbie> I loved your quotation from the New Yorker. Couldn't have put it better myself. See you in the Marigold.
Monday 27 February 2006 8.42pm
I was there on Saturday night as well - I did think I spotted you, saramc, but wasn't certain, so a belated hello! We were only there for a very short time, mainly because we'd mistakenly sat in the non-smoking bar. Although personally I'd have preferred the large bar to be a smoking area, I think it's good that it's non-smoking.
Monday 27 February 2006 11.20pm
albertobalson wrote:
Does it serve draft real ale like the Garrison?

What real draft ale? The Garrison Beer selection is decent by the highly diminshed standards of pubs these days, but to be honest, compared to its food, the beer there is bog standard stuff.

Now if the Garrison were serving beer from Samuel Smith or Meantime Brewery, I'd be ready to give them thier props but looks like standard stuff from Inbev/S&N/Carlsberg/name-your-identikit-global-brewer
Tuesday 28 February 2006 5.44am
Peyot are not earlocks!!! They are SIDElocks. Ah me, Oy VEY!
Tuesday 28 February 2006 9.44am
My partner thought the non smoking bar should be the lower one, too, Lady Miss Jo Jo, on the basis that restaurant goers could walk straight in through a non smoking area. We liked it, food really nice (but as someone who can eat for England I need quantity, too)
Tuesday 28 February 2006 9.49am
Hi TLMJJ!
Didnt spot you I'm afraid- we were in the window smoking- I also agree it would have been nicer if the upper bar was smoking, much for the same reasons as others have posted.
Tuesday 28 February 2006 10.27am
sorry Jackie - I've seen them called sidecurls, sidelocks and earlocks - my translation is what comes from having a communist jewish father who's only jew-ish...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions