London SE1 community website

Village East, Bermondsey St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9
Wednesday 29 March 2006 4.02pm
amused to see Rabbie Lang, SarahMC and my nonsense about NY style ends up as a review! But sidhue, you are a dark horse of london trendy connectedness - milk and honey, urban junkies...I think I know what's in your big red bag - it's the on button for london chic.
hat
Thursday 30 March 2006 4.02pm
That Metro review is now online:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/restaurants/articles/22126255?source=Metro

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 31 March 2006 9.08am
emanuel wrote:
Went to Village East last wednesday and i have to say that i had a fantastic experience ,the food was yamming .
will definatly return .

"Yamming" ?
Wednesday 12 April 2006 9.54pm
i had a very nice dinner last night at village east, the food was fantastic !!!!!
Wednesday 12 April 2006 10.05pm
James Hatts wrote:

food critics!!!!what do they know??
everyone has their own opinion!!!
Thursday 13 April 2006 4.16pm
A friend visiting from NYC recently said it reminds her of where she lives which is Williamsburg Brooklyn. Village East has one BIG thing in common with NY, a non smoking area where one can drink good cocktails and not feel hideously hungover because of the passive smoking one must usually endure in other establishments!!!! Good on you VE for that!
Wednesday 19 April 2006 4.02pm
Time Out reviews Village East this week. They are actually rather positive about the food and beverage though much less enthusiastic about the design of the restaurant and its pretention. They only rate it 2 out of 6.
Wednesday 19 April 2006 8.20pm
Goldfish wrote:
Village East has one BIG thing in common with NY, a non smoking area where one can drink good cocktails and not feel hideously hungover because of the passive smoking one must usually endure in other establishments!!!! !

Em you can drink "good cocktails" and not get hung over anywhere - if you dont get drunk in the first place....
Thursday 4 May 2006 9.41pm
Jay Rayner's verdict in the Observer:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,1762462,00.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 4 May 2006 10.24pm
It really has hit the dizzy heights of fame now, featuring in this week's Heat - Gavin Henson was spotted in there. (not that I regularly read Heat of course, just a one off - blush)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions