London SE1 community website

Seven storey hotel on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 9 of 11
Thursday 3 August 2006 4.56pm
Thanks Pen, I missed that distinction. It makes sense to me now.

Another question as I don't know much about the planning process - will this be discussed at any meeting that the public can attend to voice concerns?
Pen
Thursday 3 August 2006 4.59pm
Not that I am aware of.

I wish there was one.
Thursday 3 August 2006 5.05pm
There is an opportunity for [a representative of] any objectors to speak at the meeting of the planning committee that considers the application(s).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 3 August 2006 5.07pm
dee dee wrote:
unido wrote:
Have you seen the application for another hotel at City Link Court (next to Simon the Tanner) in Long Lane for another hotel and an extra floor - That might be worth objecting to 06-AP-1349

that is the one i refered to earlier by city walk which is refitting the exsisting building and adding a floor-part of the city walk complex-JAC said it had now been withdrawn???

No I think that is the Titan House/Generator Building application that proposed a 130ish room hotel on Bermondsey St that ran back to the Blue Lion Place building behind and includes demolishing the 4 year old never used 4.5. storey "Generator Building". Withdrawn so the can have another go with better materials but sadly I suspect on a similar size and scale
Thursday 3 August 2006 5.28pm
06-AP-1349 for City Link Court is for a 6 storey hotel (one additional floor) to replace the withdrawn application for a 7 storey Apart-hotel at the end of City Walk
Thursday 3 August 2006 5.34pm
is it the same building Unido?
are they withdrawing it then replacing it with a new application without the extra floor which will presumably make it easier to get approved?
Thursday 3 August 2006 5.34pm
My mistake - I understand that the developers have been asked to withdraw and re-submit the 7 story apartment hotel application - work continues on the foundations anyway. 05-AP-1837
Thursday 3 August 2006 6.49pm
To demolish the antique warehouses on the corner of Long Lane and Bermondsey Street (if those are the ones we are talking about) would be disgraceful.
SEH
Thursday 3 August 2006 10.47pm
The Willowbrook Centre provide planning advice and excellent training courses.
http://www.willowbrookcentre.org.uk/
I'm not an expert, but I know that there are very strict criteria for objections to planning applications, which is why Willowbrook's work is so valuable.
There are so many applications it's hard to keep up. I live in the middle of the 3 that are being discussed here. Only today I got notice that yet another application has gone to appeal.
Amazingly, someone wants to build a house on top of the bin store of the building next to ours!
Jac
Thursday 3 August 2006 11.12pm
The application that has been with drawn for city walk was 05-AP-2224 (two additonal floors). So from the posts above it looks like they have already put in another application. We haven't recieved any notification of it even though we live almost opposite. However I don't think we got notification last time and the only reason they have informed us it has been withdrawn is because we objected to the plans. I think the new buildings on Long Lane are tall enough thank you.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 9 of 11
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions