London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Sq. Lifeblood or slippery slope?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
MM
Sunday 23 February 2003 5.28pm
LET'S HOPE THE COUNCIL GIVE THIS ONE THE GO-AHEAD! FINALLY!
Tuesday 18 March 2003 9.30am
went along to the scheme's presentation on saturday- still impressed. The drawings looked good, and although accompanied by references to other buildings built by the architects in similar materials there wasnt an accurate depiction of the development, such as a computer perspective, except for a rather apologetic model of which the development was about 3 inches wide (maybe they had a spinal tap moment!)

But it was well attended by the public and developers alike. One obvoius area of contention was car parking- there isnt any. Part of Southwark CC drive to cut down on traffic congestion, but i wonder if it will have a negative effect on potential occupiers of the units, or indeed the hotel, which forms a crucial role in financing the project i would think.

One oversight was not to extend the open day times to Friday afternoon, which meant most of the market traders missed out. However i believe it will be open again this friday to make sure they have had a chance to look at the proposals.

But it gets my vote at the moment, but will watch further developments with a keen interest. Did anyone else go?

Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions