London SE1 community website

Corner Meymott St and Hatfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
CLR
Tuesday 25 February 2003 11.15am
IT'S A PITCH TOO FAR

I agree wholeheartedly with Jenny Mosley that 'There is a desperate need for synerey within the community so everyone may benefit and no one be socially excluded.'

Why then has there been such a lack of synerey (sic) over Paris Garden. There has been a real lack of consideration and consultation with people who live around the pitches whose quality of life will be adversely affected. The suggestions of the Paris Garden group for a community garden, which would be totally inclusive have been programmed out and objections from local organisations ignored.

These two pitches, together with the two on Hatfields - a good revenue earner for Colombo Street Sports Centre - are to be managed by them 'as part of the COIN STREET BUILDERS OVERALL SPORTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME; (Lambeth Planning Applications Committee Officer Report 28/1/2003)

CLR
dan
Saturday 12 July 2003 4.37am
Aha I found it.

Speaking of synergy here is a suggestion.

(I still think a bit of park would be a great way of linking the area round the church and the trees in in Hatfields.)

If you are going to tarmac over this corner at least make sure that people can get in.

The ball courts at the Living Space for example maybe could be open longer. Went to a Waterloo Millennium Green event the other day and a lot of the kids there were saying they were often locked and they had to climb over the fence to use them.

The fire brigade has some courts (down Great Suffolk Street I think) I wonder if they would let you use them ?

Also Jennifer I was wondering is there going to be a swimming pool ?

I'd like that.

They shut the one on Elephant and Castle you know, apparently swimming pools are a bit annoying to run.

All the best

Dan
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions