London SE1 community website

Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 10 May 2006 2.46pm
Also saw the courts filled with kids playing football - good to see. Am going to try out the running track this evening if I can get out of the office before dark!
Thursday 11 May 2006 8.44am
Cafe/creche also closed during the day- cmon Southwark- we have waited long enough! Bit of info would be nice. Park is lovely mind.
Sunday 14 May 2006 6.49pm
Just walked by the park. Dissapointed to see so many weeds in the flower beds so soon after the opening and even worse a kid was riding a motorcycle quite fast along the paths and over the grass!
Monday 15 May 2006 9.46am
Used the running track with my girlfriend on Saturday - very pleasant place for a spot of exercise. Let's just hope that after all the effort refurbishing it, they keep up the maintenance...
Monday 15 May 2006 12.07pm
Coming home on the bus on Friday night, saw lots of kids (some quite young) on the roof of the nursery building, running around, jumping around etc. I predict many broken limbs and skulls in the weeks to come if this continues. The roof comes very low to the ground on the Grange Road side of the building - I reckon I could climb onto it without too much trouble and I'm a midget: shame this wasn't considered in the building's design because kids will be kids ... ! But not clear why there isn't a park warden to keep an eye on this, and other problems (motorbikes etc.)
Monday 15 May 2006 12.18pm
CHustler & I visited the running track after our morning jog through SE15 on Saturday morning. I was somewhat baffled by the distance markings around track. Can someone please explain?
Monday 15 May 2006 2.07pm
All household in the vicinity were sent some info prior to the park's oepning. I believe that the track is exactly one-third of a km in length, so 3 laps = 1k
Monday 15 May 2006 2.47pm
McQueen wrote:
All household in the vicinity were sent some info prior to the park's oepning. I believe that the track is exactly one-third of a km in length, so 3 laps = 1k

So I ran 5k on Saturday...not bad!!
Monday 22 May 2006 9.31am
Fun Day next week:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/39/fun-day

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 22 May 2006 4.19pm
Has anybody noticed the direction sign at the Grange Road side, almost opp Boucher School?

It states that Alwyn School is a 15 minute walk away.

Just wondering how many tortoises the Council used to test and verify the time it takes.....
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions