London SE1 community website

Gym (pay-per-visit)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 28 March 2006 3.57pm
Anyone know of a gym in the area where you can pay per visit? I just need somewhere to go a few times over the next couple of weeks while my normal gym is out of action, so I don't want to sign on for membership or be charged for an induction etc.

Thanks
Tuesday 28 March 2006 4.08pm
The Colombo Centre offers daily rates: http://www.colombo-centre.org

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 29 March 2006 4.39pm
The Tokaido martial arts centre has a small gym that costs 6 per visit. It is on magdelan st behind tooley st.
Wednesday 29 March 2006 9.23pm
Soho gyms in Waterloo is a brand new gym and fabulous: great equipment, classes and beautifully designed. I can strongly recommend it. Very affordable and they do day rates.
Thursday 30 March 2006 7.45am
Seven islands leisure centre, by the big tescos, near Canada Water has a great, huge gym and 33m pool. It's about 5 pounds per visit
Thursday 30 March 2006 12.29pm
Thanks for the help! As luck would have it I was given a free day pass to a gym near work by a nice man handing out leaflets on waterloo bridge yesterday, but once I've used that I'l try some of the suggestions here.
Monday 3 April 2006 10.44am
Bit naughty but:-

Join a gym on the basis that you can cancel after one month if you are not 'happy' then lie through your teeth and say you are not !

You might end up finding a gym you like better than your current one. You can always negotiate terms no matter what they say as all gyms are desperate for new members.
Monday 3 April 2006 10.49am
top notch were doing a promotion where you could join for one month only over the weekend-maybe useful if anyone just wants to try it out and see if will use it
Monday 3 April 2006 11.56am
There's a gym on the corner of London Bridge Road and Tanner Street called Pug Athletic. It offers pay as u go at 6. It is a boxing gym but does have machines etc. Nice atmosphere!! 020 74036113
Jac
Monday 3 April 2006 3.43pm
You can join Fitness exchange at cottons (london Bridge) on a monthly basis it a bit more expensive that way but at least you can try it and your not tied into a contract
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions