London SE1 community website

The Bermondsey Dog Network

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 6 April 2006 7.19pm
BTW Niall, do you know if there's ever been (serious) talk of lights being installed in the park?
Thursday 6 April 2006 8.13pm
From memory this was costed when the park was renovated three years ago. The cost of the lighting was deemed to be prohibitive. The dificulty is that the power feeds need to be brought from the pavement outside the park. This means a ton of digging-up. Maybe one of the developers who has tried to create private gateways into the park from their developments, maybe they might like to sponsor the lighting?

Regards

Niall

PS Piglet was in the park again this evening. That little puppy certainly knows how to play!
Monday 10 April 2006 11.05am
Hello the Dog Network,

I would love to have a dog, but work and travel far to much to be a good pet owner. As I have been around dogs most of my life I do miss walking a dog and taking care of a dog so I was wondering if anybody need a dog sitter / dog walker sometimes?

Let me know, I'm towards Bermondsey Street / Tower Bridge Road.

Jenny (i'm of course very reliable and good around dogs)
Monday 10 April 2006 12.39pm
Jenny D

We have used a couple of dog sitters/walkers for our two and it has been successful for all parties. Theraputic you might say.

Sadly Monty and Trilby are about to move to Somerset on a permanent basis but I'm sure that other members of the BDN would be interested. PM me your contact details. Alternatively, take a stroll through Tanner St park, most days, and say hullo.

Regards

Niall
Wednesday 26 April 2006 9.01am
The wonderful Piglet was spotted yesterday evening on Bermondsey St. Piglet's significant other informed me that Piglet had been up north on holiday hence the absence of Pigletness in and around Tanner St park. But Piglet has returned, no doubt to harass Nero and generally create mayhem.

This morning was a bright crisp morning in Tanner St and Rose arrived in time to chase the ball with Monty and Trilby. As we were leaving Louie arrived, possibly in a slightly subdued mood, no doubt a temporary condition which will evapourate with the coming summer.

The BDN is such a wonderful thing. No formal organisation, secretaries, chairpersons etc etc etc. Just a fourlegged companion and you're in.

A thing of beauty forever.

Niall
Wednesday 29 November 2006 8.42am
Does anyone know of a dog grooming service in SE1. I have just inherited a Lakeland Terrier and would like to spruce her up a bit!
Thursday 30 November 2006 1.58pm
Hi,don't know if anyone can help or if it is ok to post this here,James apologies if not appropriate and you need to remove.Do any of you know of anyone looking for a dog or two to be more precise,a friend is moving to Tanzania and has 2 short haired Jack Russells they are desperately trying to re home.They are one year old,house trained and neutered and all their injections are upto date.They really need to be together,as they are brothers and have never been apart-they are free to a good home.If anyone can help if they pm me I will put them in touch with the boys owner.They currently live in Stevenage but I'm sure they would love SE1. I would love to have them but we are renting and not on the ground floor so wouldn't be fair.
Kate
Thursday 30 November 2006 5.59pm
There's a place called Mucky Pups just off the island at Rotherhithe Tunnel (going towards Rotherhithe). A friend took her dog there & was very happy with them.
Thursday 30 November 2006 6.15pm
Thanks Sarah, Funnily enough I found them in the phone book yesterday, took her there this morning and she now looks wonderful. I can highly recommend them.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions