London SE1 community website

SE 1........Used To Be Brilliant....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 13 of 22
Thursday 26 June 2008 4.54pm
Ssssh, don't talk about places like that on here, Moriarty, next thing you know and we'll all be discussing The Fort again!
Thursday 26 June 2008 4.57pm
Birdie wrote:
Ssssh, don't talk about places like that on here, Moriarty, next thing you know and we'll all be discussing The Fort again!

What's The Fort?
Thursday 26 June 2008 5.17pm
PLEASE keep asking, and then someone will tell me what goes on in there. And if we're really lucky we'll find out about Manarchy as well.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 26 June 2008 5.24pm
Oh, Ivanhoe, you can't fool us. We know that you know very well the proclivities attended to at these venues.

Do you think The Fort has a knitting circle.. I'll bet they have *some* kind of circles there.
Thursday 26 June 2008 5.26pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
And if we're really lucky we'll find out about Manarchy as well.
What now?! How have I not heard about this one before? Is it in the list of links? Will I have to go to do a review?
Thursday 26 June 2008 5.28pm
Birdie wrote:
Oh, Ivanhoe, you can't fool us. We know that you know very well the proclivities attended to at these venues.
Do you think The Fort has a knitting circle.. I'll bet they have *some* kind of circles there.

If anything, there is a lot of stitching and bitching in The Fort.
Thursday 26 June 2008 5.31pm
I've always thought the fellows going in there looked a little crafty ;-)
Thursday 26 June 2008 5.34pm
I just found a website for subversive cross stitch. Tsk.
Friday 27 June 2008 12.24am
Well, my ancestors arrived in Bermondsey in the 1840s (ha! stitch that, Toufan!) but I'd gladly accept any number of yuppies and their coffee shops over the traditional feral ratboys of Bermondsey who go round vandalising everything and shouting "oi oi" at 3 in the bloody morning.
Bermondsey isn't special. It just happens to be home to the people who live here now. Some of us are working class, some aren't. This working class old girl happens to like SoBo.
Friday 27 June 2008 8.44am
ahh brilliant

high oil prices ... public sector workers trying to strike against inflation ... a weak labour prime minister ... and now class war

its like the last 30 years never happened
Current: 13 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions