London SE1 community website

SE 1........Used To Be Brilliant....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 19 of 22
Thursday 4 September 2008 8.16am
Quote:
Of course, everyone would love to back to how London (SE1) used to be in the 'good old days' - meat-headed blokes with short hair, fighting pit-bull dogs, no education, a bigoted view of the world, a general hatred of everything, no money, poor __
Oh,JGARCIA,do you realy think this is how we were in the good old days,let me asure you ,we were educated sociable intergrated and as me old dad would say "the salt of the earth".
hope the people of Bermondsey go on for ever loving thier home place ,regardless of where they reside now ,I do and i lived there from 1945-65
bermondsey boy
(lol)

DJM
Saturday 4 October 2008 9.05pm
Community,soul ,lost to Bermondsey ,i dont think so ,as long as there are people willing to run websites like ,SE1. it wont die ,
Bermondsey was and will always have a soul.
and you ,Jack, and all the people who live there ,never mind thier culture or class , will keep it alive .
I'm cockney born ,myself , but came to Bermondsey as a four year old nipper ,and lived there till i was twenty one plus .
But you see i grew up to be a Bermondsey Boy and at heart still am .
For those who need to know ,i spent ,thirty years in northants ,and now live near to Weston-Super-Mare in Somerset

p.s i moved into Bermondsey in 1946

DJM
Sunday 5 October 2008 8.28am
i thought bermondsey was SE16?
Sunday 5 October 2008 9.36am
It's in both SE1 and SE16. Generally towards the river is SE16 (including the tube station) but as you come back inland it's SE1.
Sunday 5 October 2008 6.48pm
Does anyone know where does Bermondsey ends and Borough begins?
Sunday 5 October 2008 8.13pm
I take the view that Bermondsey is east of Tower Bridge Road and Borough is west of it.
Sunday 5 October 2008 9.16pm
I lived west of Tower Bridge rd for many years (and east befor that) but I thought Bermondsey (at least the old borough boundary)ended somewhere near Guys hospital
Sunday 5 October 2008 9.51pm
Areas
SE1 is made up of many distinct localities; explore them here.

Please note that the boundaries between these localities can be rather blurred; ask ten locals to define the boundaries of Bermondsey and you would get ten different answers!

Bankside
Bermondsey
The Borough
Borough Market
Butler's Wharf
Elephant & Castle
Lambeth
Pool of London
South Bank
Union Street
Waterloo

Found this on this site,
I think that the bit at the top ,says it all .
LoL ,you aint never gonna know the real boundries

DJM
Wednesday 8 October 2008 8.31pm
djmills wrote:
Of course, everyone would love to back to how London (SE1) used to be in the 'good old days' - meat-headed blokes with short hair, fighting pit-bull dogs, no education, a bigoted view of the world, a general hatred of everything, no money, poor __Oh,JGARCIA,do you realy think this is how we were in the good old days,let me asure you ,we were educated sociable intergrated and as me old dad would say "the salt of the earth".
hope the people of Bermondsey go on for ever loving thier home place ,regardless of where they reside now ,I do and i lived there from 1945-65
bermondsey boy
(lol)
I would love to know how this has my name on it ,i can asure you i did not post this . So is some one playing games on here ,a hacker maybe ,signed the real djmills lol
DJM
Wednesday 8 October 2008 11.59pm
the middle of weston st is the border between bermondsey & borough
Current: 19 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions