London SE1 community website

Stagecoach charlatans

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Jai
Friday 7 March 2003 3.56pm
Jan,

that's none of your business... Have your eggs been fertilised recently ?

Varkenslachter
Friday 7 March 2003 4.30pm
It may be a worthy cause, but if you want to vote to give the drivers a pay rise then you should be aware that you and I will be paying the bill. The GLA precept is already going up to cover some of the extra costs of transport in London, a significant pay rise will require increased subsidy.

Jay
Friday 7 March 2003 4.49pm
Tony Hilliard,
what's the reason for your not riding Stagecoach buses??
Jay
Friday 7 March 2003 4.52pm
Jay .. their treatment of gay employees.
Saturday 8 March 2003 7.27pm
Right on Tony. I didn't know about their treatment of gay employees but I did know that the loathsome fellow who is Stagecoach's overall boss, whose name for the moment escapes me, spent millions of pounds on a campaign to keep the outrageously anti-gay Clause 28.
Ken Livingstone is quite pro-gay. shouldn't we be lobbying him to exclude this disgraceful firm from any future contracts?
Paul
Saturday 8 March 2003 10.29pm
Paul,

The man you are talking about is Brian Souter and I would suspect that if many of his 'passengers' had the displeasure of meeting him they would think twice about lining his pockets (as I do).

Interesting point about lobbying Ken, I would consider it certainly.

Tony.
MM
Sunday 9 March 2003 2.00pm
Why the flying feck do the vast majority of the 63's terminate at Elephant going north, despite the fact that they supposed to go north of the river, and up to Kings Cross? I will put a wager that 90% of people getting the 63 in the morning want to get to work in the city, IE: NORTH OF THE FECKING RIVER. So as a consequence, we all have to pile out and wait for the lesser-spotted 63 which does "go all the way". Meanwhile, 5 previous 63s have all dumped their passengers at elephant, and the crowd has swelled to gulf-war-protest levels.

Anyone fancy getting a petition together to demand the resignation of all the tossers who have anything to do with routes 53,453, and 63?
Sunday 9 March 2003 11.52pm
MM - I'm off to lie on a beach for a week .. if you're still angry when I get back then i'll offer my support!
MM
Monday 10 March 2003 4.23pm
Angry?! This is me chilled. But if anyone really fancies tellin' it like it is, you may care to know that Brian "queer-basher" Souter's personal email is [email protected] although if he has got any sense he will be changing it PDQ, as I suspect there may be a fair bit of spleen-venting going on. If the nincompoop spent a little more time supporting route 28, rather than section 28, perhaps his shareprice wouldn't be lolling around in the doldrums.
Hope you have a nice holiday, by the way. Seriously, I'm not really as angry as I sound in this discussion board ;)
Tuesday 11 March 2003 10.35am
Jai, just seen your bit about my eggs.......fascinating....I have not been into fertilisation techniques since......finding the stork and gooseberry bush really are fictional.....

thanks for making me laugh..;-)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions