London SE1 community website

New gym at More London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 20 April 2006 11.48am
http://www.thirtysevendegrees.co.uk

nice! and with a pool! Opens in May the 7th I think.

If you work for Southwark Council, you get special offers.

have a look at the virtual tours.

cuddles

jx
Thursday 20 April 2006 12.34pm
I saw the sign offering discounts for "More London People" - and a shudder went through me.

Once they start socialising in the gym, could a new master race be about to come into being when my the oiliest corporation tax adviser of my aquaintance from Ernst & Young starts dating the most ambitious regeneration person I've encountered at City Hall???
Thursday 20 April 2006 1.09pm
Gym membership is 75 per month & that is the cheapest rate
Thursday 20 April 2006 2.19pm
75 per month? No thanks.

When are Southwark Council going to build a swimming pool in the area?
Thursday 20 April 2006 2.47pm
Emmesse wrote:
75 per month? No thanks.
When are Southwark Council going to build a swimming pool in the area?

Are there any plans? Bermondsey is crying out for this kind of facility.
Thursday 20 April 2006 3.04pm
Seven Islands leisure centre on Jamaica Rd has a great 33m pool and you can get anytime use for about 20 quid a month including the gym. OK, you may find a few manky plasters floating past during your swim, and the odd fag end, but it gives it that lived-in feel.
Thursday 20 April 2006 3.33pm
Lang Rabbie wrote:
I saw the sign offering discounts for "More London People" - and a shudder went through me.
Once they start socialising in the gym, could a new master race be about to come into being when my the oiliest corporation tax adviser of my aquaintance from Ernst & Young starts dating the most ambitious regeneration person I've encountered at City Hall???

Lang Rabbie-as an ex EY Corporate tax person I am dying to know who you could possibly mean????????
Thursday 20 April 2006 4.18pm
The oily tax adviser (actually I think he had worked with their energy team!) was someone I encountered through work with a client rather than through this forum.
Thursday 20 April 2006 4.39pm
Rabbie: did you think that they may have been having a lot of applications for memberships from people hailing from other parts of the country (or world), and that perhaps they just wanted to offer discounts to attract MORE London-people?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 20 April 2006 4.47pm
JGarcia wrote:
Seven Islands leisure centre on Jamaica Rd has a great 33m pool and you can get anytime use for about 20 quid a month including the gym. OK, you may find a few manky plasters floating past during your swim, and the odd fag end, but it gives it that lived-in feel.

Thanks. Is there parking?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions