London SE1 community website

Urban Foxes in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8
Friday 28 April 2006 9.21am
There are absolutely loads of them around Leathermarket Gdns.

They quite often play about in the small patches of greenery in the middle of Leathermarket Court.

I've seen a few during the day, just wandering along the street or sitting on the park.
Friday 28 April 2006 9.30am
we had one sunbathing for a whole afternoon in our garden -Long Lane-last summer even though we were out there and being noisy. I saw one a couple of weeks ago cross over into Long Lane playground
Friday 28 April 2006 10.39am
I think I may have posted this before, but I once parked my car in our garage (which is close to the little park behind St. George's) on a very cold and frosty night. Got inside and realised I'd left my phone in the car. Went back down to find a young fox, curled up on the bonnet like a cat, where the car was warm...he looked at me as I walked up to the car, but didn't move, even when I opened the door. As I walked out of the garage he was settling back down to sleep.

I still have no idea how he got in or out of the garage (which is behind a pretty high wall).
Friday 28 April 2006 10.47am
This is the only year I have only seen two in our garden...sunbathing! last year we had seventeen, and there was a poor lame one full of mange...so i dont feed them now as it just quite naturally encouraged them.
Friday 28 April 2006 11.10am
I saw a pigeon by Waterloo Station
Friday 28 April 2006 11.45am
there's a squirrel in my garden now that only has half a tail. It falls off the fence quite regularly.
Friday 28 April 2006 12.07pm
See foxes in Setchell Estate on a regular basis, usually after dark. Squirrels everywhere, they're very excited this time of year!

There is one fox I've seen limping around with a badly damaged hind leg, might have been hit by a car or something. Wonder if anyone on the Council or animal welfare should be notified. Was sad to see, though don't quite know how they'd catch it...

Enjoying all the bird song these spring days, almost like being in the country-side if you close your eyes and dream ...!
Friday 28 April 2006 12.34pm
r.s.p.c.a will come out with a catchpole as long as a broom handle, they came out to me but could not catch it.

Try John Bryant of Fox Project 07778 909092

or Lisa Fox Welfare 07778 183954

i think she's local.
Friday 28 April 2006 1.21pm
Have see squirrels, foxes, and yesterday morning a Heron in Alaska's communal garden. For a country boy at heart it was lovely to see!
Friday 28 April 2006 1.21pm
There are lots of foxes north of Elephant and Castle (London Road, St Georges Road). If you go around there at around 4-5am, you can be sure to encounter one. There are plenty of green spaces/waste grounds that are ideal as a safe retreat during daytime. I think they are the culprits for all the spilled litter and opened bin bags on my street at night. Have you noticed how scary it is to hear them during the "love" season: they scream like someone is getting stabbed, the first time I nearly called the police.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions