London SE1 community website

Urban Foxes in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8
Tuesday 3 April 2007 12.07pm
where the adventure playgrounds are in harper road, i wonder if there is still the old cellar areas under dickens square used as dens? Riamia, the fox thought the foul kebab was fowl and tasty...my neighbour had one through the catflap ( a fox not the kebab!) he ate a leather handbag...
Tuesday 3 April 2007 12.51pm
Ooh er! As far as I'm aware, the foxes haven't yet gained entry through the cat flap though I have been adopted by a black and white tom cat with amazing amber (nay orange) eyes and incredibly long white whiskers and eyebrows. He reminds me of Sir Patrick Moore in a frenzied state of excitement. I thought he was a stray as he had no collar so I bought him one (don't mind the cat but haven't got houseroom for fleas). He turned up yesterday without it though so perhaps he has got a home!

As well as fowl takeaways, the foxes are extremely fond of training shoes and flip flops. When I've left trainers out overnight, they've stolen one and left a little present in the form of number twos in the other (eughhh). The flip flops just get ripped to pieces.
Tuesday 3 April 2007 4.33pm
As well as fowl takeaways, the foxes are extremely fond of training shoes and flip flops. When I've left trainers out overnight, they've stolen one and left a little present in the form of number twos in the other (eughhh). The flip flops just get ripped to pieces.

Exactly this happened to a friend of mine with his Birkenstock shoes. He was not a happy man!
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.57pm
I've saw a fox casually wondering down Tooley St (opposite the Unicorn) around 11pm last week. No one he passed on the pavement seemed to bother him.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 1.12pm
Was he wearing trainers?
Wednesday 4 April 2007 6.07pm
We went to see the flat we are buying today, and were a bit shocked to look into next door's garden and see a huge fox watching us from his position sunbathing on a pile of branches.
I'm a bit worried about it. Other neighbour says that the guy on the other side of us doesn't bother with his garden at all, and they are enormous 80footers.
I am worried about having baby in the garden in a pram and our beloved little cat, and it being attacked by the fox. Is there anyway we can get rid of it/deter it?
We intend to spend a lot of time clearing our very overgrown, jungle like garden and I'm hoping that lack of hiding places might deter it.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 6.12pm
We have a heron, and on occasion a pair of herons that divebomb our koi carp pond at Metro Central Heights.
We also have a family of foxes that drink from our pond and last yr got into someone's ground floor flat and frightened the life out of her by sitting on her bed in the middle of the night. I've also seen squirrels regularly in our courtyard.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 7.08pm
Jan the old one wrote:
r.s.p.c.a will come out with a catchpole as long as a broom handle, they came out to me but could not catch it.
Try John Bryant of Fox Project 07778 909092

or Lisa Fox Welfare 07778 183954

i think she's local.
I just rang the John Bryant no to get some advice and spoke to Sandra who runs a fox rescue centre. She gave me this number for a fox deterrent helpline. The procedure is to put some stuff down that foxes don't like the smell of and they will stay away from your property.
The helpline tells you where to get the stuff from and how to use it.
fox deterrent 01892 514863
Wednesday 4 April 2007 7.09pm
there was a fox where i used to work - we used to bet if it'd be there the next day or not.
Thursday 5 April 2007 11.03am
I've seen a fox walking on the railway tracks right inside Waterloo Station at the end of the platform very early one Sunday morning.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions