London SE1 community website

Urban Foxes in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8
zee
Monday 16 April 2007 12.05pm
There's an interesting looking programme on Channel 4 tonight (Mon) at 9pm on urban foxes in the Cutting Edge series.
Monday 16 April 2007 6.33pm
I happened to have a (real, live, proper working) foxhound in London a couple of years ago. At about 10pm, we viewed a fox away down Crimscott street. After a short hunt when it went through Access storage, through City Link couriers and into the Post Office, we finally had it cornered but inaccessible in the back of the Post Office, on Mandela Way.
Monday 16 April 2007 10.52pm
There are many around. There's a pack of 3 or 4 at night at the park behind the big concrete block of car parks near Guy's Hospital, or you might see one lonely fox along Morroco Street. It's so nice to see some animals here. I missed the squirrels (though some around in Leathermarket Garden), the local with their big pastoral dogs and mainecoon cats, and the foxes from the nearby Heath. I used to have squirrels pressing their sorry faces onto my balcony door looking for nuts! The neighbour's mainecoon cat would lie on top of their car every evening. I missed them all and especially the largest cherry blossom tree I have ever seen at Primrose Gardens NW3. If anyone is going to Belsize Park in the next few weeks, Primrose Gardens is less than 5 mins from the tube station and the tree should be at its best.
Saturday 12 July 2008 8.46pm
I did see the Fox - just around Swan Street. I named her Samantha. I won't touch her though..
Sunday 13 July 2008 12.00am
I often see a single fox, during the day, strolling through City Walk. There used to be a family of 3 or 4, one of which would take food from the hand, and share it.

They love jam sandwiches - really :P
Sunday 13 July 2008 10.53am
A fox climbed the scaffolding that is currently surrounding the building I live in on Tennis Street recently. We think she gave birth to a fox cub that was born in the block of flats, on the 4th floor. The RSPCA were called two weeks ago to catch the cub and release it back to ground level!
TAK
Sunday 13 July 2008 12.23pm
I just saw a fox staggering about on the Strata site, at 1 pm!
Sunday 13 July 2008 6.42pm
I've seen foxes around Tennis St repeatedly over the last few months, mainly at night but also a couple of times during daylight hours.
Monday 14 July 2008 12.51pm
I saw one limping along Leroy Street on Saturday, around lunchtime. It was quite exciting...
Monday 14 July 2008 1.26pm
there are loads around Henley Drive in our communal gardens. they used to only come out at night, but the young ones are out all through the day aswell now, chasing pidgeons and squirrels, and looking cute.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions