London SE1 community website

Southwark Cars

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 11 May 2006 12.27pm
OK, I've cooled down a bit now. I rang them at about 10pm to organise a cab to go to the airport the following morning. 'No mate' he said 'The tunnels shut' 'so you have no cabs available to take me?' I said. 'plenty ' he said 'so can I book a cab?' 'no' he replies 'why?' said I ' I f*ing told you the tunnels shut' 'but can' the cab use a bridge instead' says I 'which bit of no don't you understand' were his final words before he put the phone down
I called London Bridge Cars, booked the cab, it turned up, we went over Tower bridge and 30 mins later arrived at the airport.
End of
Thursday 11 May 2006 1.21pm
Ah, the fine tradition of British Service ...
Thursday 11 May 2006 3.30pm
A quick check on the TfL site (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/pco/ph_complaints.shtml) shows that "Where complaints are deemed to be a result of 'bad business' and do not pose a threat to the safety of the travelling public in London, the Public Carriage Office will advise complainants to initially make a complaint to the operator. "

Which is a shame - it would be nice to think that a complaint about this incident could affect their licence renewal.
Thursday 11 May 2006 3.48pm
I had to complain about a black cab driver to them - who had verbally threatened me and acting in a physically threatening manner, and they said that they had warned him, and it would go on his record...but who knows. And this was a cab that had a dvert for day trips round london for tourists - i dread to think!

Hat

(edited to say) Gosh I sound grumpy - I do have good cabbie experiences sometimes too!
Thursday 11 May 2006 8.11pm
loafer wrote:
So it seems that everyone who has used them has been let down at some time or other, and in most cases when it was fairly crucial...?!

Ditto here on that . They are the closest to me have to agree - they are not the most reliable option.
Thursday 11 May 2006 9.51pm
I use Waterloo Cars and so far they've been spot on.
skp
Sunday 8 July 2007 12.54am
Well my perosnal experience with Souwrak Cras is unbelieveable. I wa swith clients , they ordere a car , they did not turn up , aftyer being 30 minutes late and called again said they were seconds away. Another 20 minutes later a controller tried to deny all knoweldge of the booking and when I took the phone and he realised he could not fob me off as I was an English person he told me to and I quote "fu** off" , this was the controller on duty between 10.50pm and at least 11.30pm on Sat 7th July 2007.

All I can say is , Southwark Cars, I am a Holiday and Hotel Company Director in London, and this time maybe you chose the wrong perosn to abuse, I hav reported you to the Carriage Office and as we have a recording of your conversation we will not be letting it go. Maybe yopu may be mor careful who you insult in future , this time I can assure you you made a big mistake.
Sunday 8 July 2007 8.17am
Oh GOOD, skp, I am always so glad when people get what's coming to them The apathy of so many companies because they are sure no one is going to do anything about their lousy service is quite horrifying. Go for the jugular is what I say.
Monday 20 August 2007 6.21pm
i have been using southwark cars for over a year now and have never had any trouble with them.
my cars have always been on time and their prices are very reasonable.
not only this, but i find the staff very nice and awfully helpful

i would strongly recomend them to anybody living in the bermondsey area
Monday 20 August 2007 10.36pm
As long as they log your complaint in the complaints book, that's it, the Carriage can't do anything else. If you want service you have to pay for it, that's why there are a couple of thousand mini-cab operators in London. Try Addison Lee or Premier or you could try a taxi from the likes of Comcab or Dial A Cab.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions