London SE1 community website

Hairdresser near Delfina on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Anonymous User
Wednesday 10 May 2006 2.40pm
I suppose going so often makes means I get to know them (and where they keep the wine) a lot quicker!

I still maintain that they are a very friendly crew.
Wednesday 10 May 2006 2.56pm
chuckalata wrote:
I came out looking like Bonnie Tyler,

Hope it didn't cause any heartbreak

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 10 May 2006 4.16pm
Mrs Ed goes and she's a demanding customer - after her most recent visit she looks like a young Suzy Parker (sort of) - have to say that as she's a friend.
Wednesday 10 May 2006 5.57pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
chuckalata wrote:

Not really, but it did cause me to sing loudly in a throaty Welsh accent and wear a leather jacket with ENORMOUS shoulderpads.
Jac
Friday 12 May 2006 12.09pm
Whilst I have been happy with Ricki at SE1 hair and beauty, I decide to give the much recommended Mariko at Malishi. I have to say I am very happy with it and the salon is much more relaxed (no egos and loud music like se1). No wine offered but worth going for the relaxing head massage you get when she washes your hair. I shall be going back
Friday 12 May 2006 1.11pm
Look you now (for the Bonnie Tyler fans out there), if you all start going to Mariko for your haircuts, Mrs I will get very upset when she can't get an appointment 8 )

Friday 12 May 2006 1.13pm
chuckalata wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
chuckalata wrote:

Not really, but it did cause me to sing loudly in a throaty Welsh accent and wear a leather jacket with ENORMOUS shoulderpads.

Just realised it should have been "heartache". My Bonnie-fan credentials are in tatters.

Friday 12 May 2006 1.38pm
Perhaps you were thinking of the divine Miss Langford?
Friday 12 May 2006 1.54pm
Both had bubble perms, IIRC

Friday 12 May 2006 2.16pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Both had bubble perms, IIRC

Bonnie Langford never had a bubble perm - how dare you besmirch her untarnished reputation!! She was my childhood hero...I used to beg Jim'll to fix it for me to dance 'Cats' with her...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions