London SE1 community website

Celeb sightings in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 59
Tuesday 16 May 2006 6.59pm
I saw President Clinton and his wife at Shad Thames as they were going into Pont de La Tour, when he was over....does that count? Is there a time limit backwards on this? Can we have ancient sightings like Boudicca?

Anyways, I was in Gallery Differentiate and two FBI men with ear pieces came along and told everybody to stay in the shops and Galleries. Then a black car came past with Mr and Mrs Blair, then the Clintons in their black car, then a white van with a red cross on it (the presidents official and very own cardiac arrest unit - aparently). Finally two more cars went past. The first was full of more FBI folk and lastly a large open topped van came past crammed with photographers and journos leaning over the side, holding their equipment above them. V funny.

I ate a meal with my boyfriend at The Chop House for 12 and the Clintons and Blairs ate at Pont De La Tour next door at - reputedly - 300 a head. I enjoyed the river entertainment laid on as much as the venerable party, a Mexican band on a Thames sailing barge. Oh...and Tower Bridge opened and an old sailing ship came through, but twas said in the papers the next day that that was just a coincience....
Tuesday 16 May 2006 9.19pm
Isabella Blow at home in Theed St (she's moved to Eaton Sq now, just in case you all rush).

Jonathan Meades at home.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 16 May 2006 9.58pm
Simon Hughes all over the place
Tuesday 16 May 2006 11.19pm
Ed Davis, BBC Economics chappie - does he count? Was hanging around Tanner Street for 2 weeks ago for a bit.
There's been a BMW there since - licence E1 EDD. I do hope it isn't, but it seems a bit of a coincidence
</economics new geekery>
Tuesday 16 May 2006 11.36pm
You can't get more sophisticated than this:

Jade Goody in the Chinese that used to be on Tooley Street (near the Elusive Camel)
and
Dean Gafney (Robbie from Eastenders) in ASK Pizza at Shad Thames.
Tuesday 16 May 2006 11.53pm
willjsm wrote:
Ed Davis, BBC Economics chappie

It's Evan Davies - saw him on the Tube once (not in SE1, doesn't count) and also in a club in Brixton (again, doesn't count).
Wednesday 17 May 2006 8.41am
LizzieJ wrote:
Can we have ancient sightings like Boudicca?

Yes. But only if you were there yourself. And only once she crossed Tower Bridge. Seeing her on the North Bank doesn't count.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 17 May 2006 9.33am
Also seen Isabella Blow at home on Theed St, a long time ago.
And I saw Jamie Redknapp the other day (not in SE1 though, on Regent St). He was very well turned out.
Wednesday 17 May 2006 9.55am
Charles Kennedy outside the Lib Dem headquarters on Redcross Way at the time of the last general election. I was looking very scruffy on my way to the gym, and the camera crews gave me very mean looks. Charles Kennedy was not scruffy, but he was (unsurprisingly) quite red in the face...
Wednesday 17 May 2006 9.56am
sarahmc wrote:
And I saw Jamie Redknapp the other day (not in SE1 though, on Regent St). He was very well turned out.

So put it on the Regent St forum ;0)

Haven't we have enough real SE1 celebopportunities to fill a site on its own?

Disgusted paperazzo of SE1

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 59

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions