London SE1 community website

Do you need a cleaner?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 5 January 2004 11.24am

Post edited (05 Jan 04 11:33)
Monday 5 January 2004 11.28am
Make up your mind - are you a satisfied customer or the owner of a cleaning agency?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 January 2004 11.35am
brandie,

Even if i were "intertested", I'd be a bit wary of people who popped up out of the blue and couldn't decide whether they were an agency or a disinterested individual just passing on the number of her own cleaner.

And if I were a student of business, I'd love to come and talk to you to find out how an agency hopes to make a profit without charging an agency fee.

In the event that you are a charity "agency", giving your own time for free, vetting cleaners (and all the other Health & Safety, payroll, tax, etc obligations that fall on any employer) and sending them out at affordable rates to needy, dirty households, then please accept my apologies.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 5 January 2004 7.07pm
Did anyone see the episode of Seinfeld where he went to bed with his cleaner? Each week she spent less and less time cleaning and more and more time in bed with him, until he wondered what exactly he was paying for.

Anyway, if anyone knows any cleaners like this in the area please let me know.
Tuesday 6 January 2004 10.39pm
Jai,

Is she looking for more work on Whittlesey Street?

Is this her number, or yours?

Need someone quickly who is reliable and can provide references.

My current cleaner charges only £6, but does a pretty awful job.
Previous cleaner (her sister) was brilliant, but decided to leave the country.
Jai
Wednesday 7 January 2004 9.23am
That's her number...

She's a very nice person... and does a great great job... Very trustworthy too. For the longest time I had some foreign currency lying around in my room... quite a large amount really.

Varkenslachter
Tuesday 23 March 2004 3.28pm
Hi,

New to SE1... I live on the old Kent Rd - do you think she'd do us as well?
I assume that its £8 ph?
Does she do ironing?

Can you give me an indication of what you pay - we've got a 2 bed maisonette...
Cheers
Saturday 7 August 2004 11.56am
I called Maria but she wasn't able to come to Kennington but she recommended a friend of hers, Tania, who lives near the Elephant, off the Walworth Road, SE17 and she has turned out to be excellent. She charges £9 an hour but is very fast, and a lovely person. 07985 267872 Thanks Jai.
Saturday 7 August 2004 2.43pm
mon plaisir
Saturday 7 August 2004 2.48pm
I prefer to re-arrange my own dust once a week.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions