London SE1 community website

Help! My Mum is Ninety

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Tuesday 30 May 2006 2.16pm
Good news. And if you have any leftovers, I can provide the Tupperware.
Tuesday 30 May 2006 2.47pm
Jackie
I am having Butlers in the Buff come round for my hen night- to which I think you accepted an invitation- you can check them out beforehand!!!
Tuesday 30 May 2006 4.24pm
Oh HO! Possibly a bit racy for my Mum! But who knows....
Wednesday 31 May 2006 2.24pm
I think there is a place called the Flying Chef in SE1, nice food but not exactly cheap. Used by quite a lot of local offices for in-house do's. Not sure of the number you would have to google it.
Wednesday 31 May 2006 10.44pm
Would like to recomend someone local - but if you are in a fix Carvagios (sp?) will deliver. We used them at work for a do, and they have lovely food. I think it would cost you about 300 a head.

However, if it was me, I would suggest doing a google search and then going to try out a load of samples!
Thursday 1 June 2006 8.25am
Gosh Lazyi, I do hope you're wrong about the 300 a head...I love my Mum, but that's going a bit far!
Thursday 1 June 2006 11.19pm
Sorry - 300 for the lot!
Friday 2 June 2006 2.20pm
I used to use the flying chef at my previous work. They were ok, but nothing really exciting.
Sunday 4 June 2006 12.56pm
John Porteous at the Royal Oak in Tabard St. does excellent 'granny food'(& that is not meant to be pejorative) at a reasonable cost. Food is good, either fingerfood or hot food & nice puddings too.
Monday 5 June 2006 12.04pm
i think all of us here know how good the food at The Royal Oak is, although never knew he did food for other people.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions