London SE1 community website

Sheep Drive

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Friday 16 June 2006 1.42pm
The sheep are being driven from a gourmet food market to a meat market. They are not long for this world.
Friday 16 June 2006 1.51pm
Sheep drive threatened by animal rights activists:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2211

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 16 June 2006 2.24pm
The sheep symbolise the woolley thinking of the modern architect. Have you read the piece about City Hall falling apart already?
Friday 16 June 2006 5.03pm
If anyone is going along tomorrow and gets a good picture that they'd be happy for us to publish (with a credit) in the news section, I'd be very grateful if they could send it to james.hatts@banksidepress.com

Thanks

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 17 June 2006 1.27pm
i've juct comer back from the sheep drive and i followed it all the way throught to smithfield.
Beautiful weather and an excellent turnout, i did forget my camera though!
The animal rights activists were there in a small number but they didn`t appear too disrupive. Lots of the crowd shouted them down.
I do respect peoples right to hold whatever views they want, but I feel uncomfortable with the aggressive way they conduct themselves.
Anyway all did seem to go well and a very enjoyable morning.
I did feel like pointing out to one of the protestors that he had some lovley black leather shoes on and another some reebok trainers which probably were leather too and possibly not made in the fairest of factories. I managed to keep quiet tho!
Saturday 17 June 2006 2.25pm
Did the cuddly wuddly ickle sheepies look tasty?
Saturday 17 June 2006 3.26pm
They did - but Farmer Sharp says they are all going back to Cumbria for a rest in a lovely field. We all know where they will end up eventually though...
Saturday 17 June 2006 6.37pm
i was disappointed. More pigs than sheep. To my untrained eye. Brilliant laugh though.
Saturday 17 June 2006 9.23pm
I thought the amusing thing was how all of us became the sheep.
Sunday 18 June 2006 12.35am
I think the whole event was ridiculous, the sheep looked distressed and too hot. I had a chat with the animal rights protestors and i agreed with the valid point they made, and they were all vegans.

I am still shocked that such an event was allowed to happen, and it just showed has uncompassionate alot of london is.

Those sheep will have now had their throats slit with a kinfe and have all there skin removed and be hanging on a hook with blood dripping from them.

And also i shall not be attending any more services at the cathedral i am disgusted that the bishop was in full support of slaughtering these animals, and my religon is sposed to support compassion not cruelty.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions