London SE1 community website

Coronet Cinema

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 20 October 2003 12.55pm
reopening as art house/blockbuster cinema in nov!! start praying...

Thursday 20 November 2003 8.32am
Calling all se1 film fans- go support your local cinema- opening film festival tonight (La Heine) Get Carter Monsters Inc etc to follow. Looks incredibly promising - go see!

bart
Thursday 20 November 2003 9.11am
is there a website?

i forgot where, but i did read (probably on here - sorry, but v absent minded) that they were showing The Harder They Come on saturday night.

can't wait

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 20 November 2003 5.05pm
They are also doing a thing on 18 Dec and 20 Dec called Lost Vagueness, run by the crazy folk from this year's Glastonbury Festival. It's on all night and it should be a bit potty.

http://www.lostvagueness.com/machine.htm
Wednesday 26 November 2003 1.43pm
anyone bin in yet?
Wednesday 26 November 2003 3.57pm

Loads more on their website now (www.coronet-london.co.uk).
Looks like it might be quite a promising venue....well Blur are playing their so can't be all bad.
Thursday 27 November 2003 9.10pm
Hiya

I went to the Coronet about a month ago for a party organised by the Warp record label. The venue was great, nice big rooms, drinks were a little bit pricey, the cinema bit will be excellent for arty farty films and the usual multiplex type. However my big gripe was that that night all the water to the taps in the loos and to flush the loos was turned off! The event went on till 6am so as you can imagine after 8 hours of people using the facilities and not being able to flush toilets things were decidedly worse for the wear! I'm sure this was just a teething problem but I have a sneaky suspicion that it might have been a tactic to stop people drinking water from the taps and instead buy drinks at the bars. Hopefully someone will inform me that I'm wrong!!!

Also to their credit, the door staff were very friendly and not at all the usual bouncer types!
Friday 28 November 2003 10.07am
I went along to the free short-film festival. The cinema auditorium looks great and the bar seemed fine. But there didn't seem to be any heating on so it got a bit nippy after a time, and there was no disabled access other than a ramp up the first of around five flights of steps. Hopefully both will be sorted in the course of time so that everyone can enjoy the cinema.
Sunday 7 December 2003 12.46am
Lord of the Rings opens on 17 December

http://www.cinemafurore.com

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions